Chapter 2

When Evie got home, she couldn't have been any happier. Once she had closed their front door, she threw her bag across the living room and was glad that it landed on the couch.

She whined to herself and made her way to the stairs, her bedroom in mind so she could start finishing up the homework of her tormentors. As she ascended her way up, she got startled and almost lost her balance due to a loud clang that came from somewhere in the house. She let out a huff and was glad that she had held onto the railing of the staircase.

She made her way downstairs and peaked over to the kitchen, only to be surprised to see her own mother picking up a pan and a few other utensils.

"Mom, what are you doing?" Evie questioned and was clearly confused with what her mother was up to. The older woman then turned around to face her daughter, "I'm attempting to cook something different for tonight," she stated and placed her hands on her hips.

"We can always just order," Evie said and gestured over to their telephone that was only a few inches away from them. Her mother wasn't having any of it though, and instead walked over to their fridge and shuffled around to find anything edible to eat or cook.

"I know that you're sick and tired of eating take out every day, Evie," Her mother commented while looking away from her, and Evie didn't want to argue back since her mother was right about that. "I guess I am," She quietly admitted and only received a chuckle from her mom.

After a few seconds of silence between the two Grimhilde's, Evie eventually decides to slowly walk away from her mother as she made her way up the stairs again. She couldn't help but overhear her mother shouting, "Even though we do eat shitty and fatty foods, please be cautious of your weight!"

Ah, of course, she will. She always has and always will. When she was a child her mother had always told her that she should be the epitome of perfection and beauty but again, Evie knew better.

Alas, the poor blunette could only really follow or listen to her mother's rules and complaints about her weight and appearance. Now, she was just glad that things have changed for the better. Her very own mother had been less harsh and more careful with her words.

Although there were a few outbursts here and there, everything was going quite well with the both of them.

Once she entered her room, she immediately plopped herself onto her bed without missing a beat. She stretched her limbs and gave out a loud yawn as she let the softness of her bed consume her. Her eyes felt tired but fought back the feeling of fatigue as she remembered about the work that she was still supposed to do.

After fifteen minutes of mindlessly staring at the ceiling, she stood up and her feet met in contact with the cold floor. She shuddered but wore her fluffy slippers on as she dragged her feet around her room.

She needed to find her bag.

After a few more useless minutes of wandering around her bedroom, she was pretty sure that she had already checked every corner--

Oh.

She had tossed it earlier in the living room when she had just gotten home.

Evie mentally facepalmed. If Jay and Carlos knew about this, those two boys would've already joshed at her stupidity.

Well not really, but still.

She unknowingly grumbles.

This was going to be a long night.

The next day, Evie woke up with her hair all tangled up with split ends and her clothes crumpled. She squinted her eyes to let it adjust to her bright surroundings. She then looked to her right to check on the time and it's as if time itself stopped. Her heart was hammering through her chest as her jaw slowly dropped.