Take off your collar.

Did you miss me?
* intense chapter *

Have you watched my music video? 🦋🧿👼🏿⬇️

Subscibe to my youtube channel bih ;)

link is on my profile 🥳

--------|||||

It couldn't be her.

How would she have even known? Lauren shut the door to her dressing room and leaned back against it, trying to understand why the brunette that just left the audience, sure looked a lot like her Mistress. The same Mistress that she didn't invite, the same Mistress that she lied to, and the same Mistress that would surely beat her ass if she found out.

Suddenly feeling off-balanced in her stilettos; Lauren placed a hand on her heart, squeezing her eyes closed tightly.

It couldn't be her.

Lauren leaned her head back against the door, breathing evenly. Then she let her eyes drift open again, and noticed a vase of red roses on the coffee table in front of the couch.

A sick feeling settled in her stomach at the sight.

She stepped forward slowly, and with shaking hands she snatched the card from the pedals.

Maybe they were from Puck or Santana.

They weren't.

Lauren scanned her eyes over the inscription, her heartbeat speeding up with the connection of every letter.

I thought I taught you better than this.

- K

"You know I really did think you were different."

Lauren held her breath, the voice unmistakably that of Kehlani's.

The door shut quietly, and the lock clicked. Lauren stood with her back to the door holding the card between her shaking fingers.

It was overwhelming. Lauren could almost feel the burn of the hazel eyes blazing through her back. However, she was too embarrassed and too nervous to move.

There was a moment of complete silence. Kehlani stood at the door calmly, her back pressed against the wood and her arms folded across her chest. She was gazing at Lauren as if her stare could command the girl to turn around. Her submissive wasn't moving, though. It was as if her body grew still at the sound of her voice.

"I thought I could trust you. I thought that surely you, you with your beauty and loyalty would understand how important honesty was to me."

"Keh-"

"Shut up."

Lauren halted her words, her back still to Kehlani and her lip trembling.

"I thought you knew that I wanted to be here. I thought you could see at dinner that night how important it was for me to be a part of this, how honored I would have been to be here."

"I wanted –"

"Shut up." Kehlani snapped, and then she was stalking towards her, standing directly behind her, hands placed on her hips softly. "Do you know how it felt to see you up there with Normani? You looked beautiful, intoxicating. Every eye in this place was on you, as it should have been because you are a fucking star, Lo, my star. At least...I thought you were mine."