Stories

~ Selena ~

     Nick wouldn't leave my side, not for a second. I changed into my first outfit of the night's performance, sitting in my director chair as my hair was being curled. The gold strapless leotard hardly giving me space to move around as I studied Demi through the mirror. She was on the opposite side of the room, searching for something. I giggled every time she scrunched up her nose at failing to locate whatever it was she was looking for.

     "You need some help?" I call over to her as Nick stands up from my side and walks on over to his friend. I sigh, picking at the rhinestones against the cloth I'm in. Their conversation doesn't really catch my ears just before Lisa, my stylist, rests her hand on my shoulder.

     "All done." Her voice indicates as I happily stand up, my bare feet touching the chilling ground. Demi steps behind her white sheet, tossing clothes onto the floor before pulling items from her wardrobe rack. Her arm reaching for the different fabrics

     "Nick, leave." I instruct him as he faces me.

     "She's hidden."

     "Out." I point, my finger not really intimidating anyone. He strolls on over to me, pouting before gazing into my eyes. Usually I would give into his look, allowing him to do whatever it is that he wanted. But at this moment, it didn't work. I was more authoritative the second time as he explained to me he could be at home alone instead of alone in front of me. But he left the room just the same as I stepped over towards the curtain, my back against the fabric.

     "You didn't have to do that." Demi groaned.

     "I know. But I wanted to. Besides, he's been hanging around me since this afternoon. I needed a little break." I truthfully tell her, walking around the room as Lisa and my other stylist gather up my outfits, placing them in order. The hustle and bustle of the night soon seeps into the room as the arena slowly begins filling with fans. Their chants could be heard from our arena-side dressing room. I happily smiled just as Demi stepped out, admiring her own outfit before her face changed.

     "Shit." She stumps.

     "Uh, okay. What?"

     "I left my boots on the bus." She circled the room a few times before sighing to herself. Unlike me, Demi wanted to do almost everything on her own when it came to her clothes and hair. But mid-tour I convinced her to use my hair and make-up people. So her wardrobe was still her own matter.

     "You have time to grab them." I inform her. "I'll just go on first."

     "Thanks." She smiled, ignoring shoes altogether and darting out of the room. Nick peeps his head in, facing me.

     "Can I come back in now?"

     "No." I shook my head, walking towards the door before closing it once more. It was kind of adorable to see his face turn into this small shade of red, but I knew it was in both of our interest to keep the other at bay. Just minutes later, Demi made it back, sweat tracing her forehead as I crossed my arms in amusement.

     "Found them." She raised her thigh high boots into the air, pulling one of the chairs near her before sitting down. Lisa had left the room shortly before the brunette's arrival, handing me the set list. Demi and I, for the first time in the past five hours, were alone. She had to go over her hair once more before setting out her wardrobe changing order. I grabbed a few grapes from the end table, watching as she struggled to zip her boot up her leg. She cursed her thighs before standing, shoving her foot against one of the makeup cases in the room.

     "I wouldn't do that if I were you." I informed her, bringing one of the grapes up to my lips. Her eyes flashed my way, an annoyed look running across her face as I stuck out my tongue.