23》Rainbows

A/n: For part of this chapter I stole the idea from my other story.  Does it still count as plagiarism?

-Connor POV-

Paint was all over Connor's face.  He had to keep wiping blue, green, purple, and yellow out of his eyes.  Connor was armed with the black paint.  In his mind, it was the deadliest and darkest stain.

Jared had started it with the yellow paint.  Connor had only continued it by squirting paint all over his glasses.  After that, everyone joined in.  Evan had crawled under the teacher's desk, obviously desperate protect his cast.

Now there were colors thrown all over the floor and the club members.  It was a rainbow.  A beautiful chaotic rainbow.  Connor stopped and admired the paint fight for a moment.  Too late, he realized his mistake.  He had let down his guard.

He spun around just in time to be tackled to the ground by Jared who had a bucket of green paint in his hands.  Jared poured the bucket over Connor's head while screaming, "DIE! DROWN IN THE RAINBOW!"

Connor was weak with laughter as well as crippled because of his leg, and therefore unable to push Jared off him.  He finally managed to escape, and made his way back to the closet to stock up on ammo, ducking globs of color on his way there.

He found another bottle of dark paint and held it up triumphantly.  Connor whirled around to face Jared, carefully positioning the bottle.  Ready. Aim. Fire! Just as Connor launched his attack, Evan stepped forward and Jared hid behind him.

The paint splattered all over Evan's face.  Connor hobbled over to him.  "Evan! No!"

Connor hugged him tightly, "WHYYYYY! WHY HIM?!  He was so young! Come on, Ev.  You're going to make it."

"M-make what?" Evan asked.

"Stay with us, hon," Connor started rocking him gently.

"But, Connor-"

Connor shushed him, "Save your breath."

A few of the other members wiped their eyes in mock sadness to play along.

Evan stood up, "We need to clean up immediately.  I don't want to sound bossy or anything but please can we stop? I-I don't want to get in trouble..."

Everyone sighed and eventually agreed.  Jared had mysteriously dissapeared.

It took them almost an hour to clean up.

Evan ordered them around in his polite way.  Connor was responsible for cleaning a section of the floor.

Once everything was spotless, people started heading home.

"See you next Monday!" Evan called to everyone.

After everyone had said goodbye, Connor and Evan walked to the Murphy house.

Evan shyly slipped his hand into Connor's hand.  Connor squeezed it tightly and gave Evan a quick kiss. 

"What was that for?" Evan asked.  "N-not that I'm complaining!"

"Because I love you," Connor answered simply.  "And also now I have a reason to look forward to Mondays.  You've done the impossible.  Also you are the cutest little rainbow right now."

Evan blushed, "I'm not the one with yellow paint in his hair."

Connor ran his hand through his hair and smeared paint across Evan's nose.

"Hey!" Evan protested.

Having arrived at the house, Connor laughed and unlocked the door.

Evan ran upstairs and Connor struggled to keep up with him.