1| Lovers and Friends| August Alsina

I closed my notebook in frustration and shut off my MacBook sitting it down on the desk

I closed my notebook in frustration and shut off my MacBook sitting it down on the desk. I've been sitting here on this bed for at least an hour now trying to focus on this essay I needed to write but my mind just kept wandering off. It usually isn't like me to be easily distracted by anything. But me sitting here trying to focus on this paper was giving me a headache out of this world. I'm not the type to put off my work and do it at the last minute but right now I didn't want to worsen my headache.

I turned off the desk light, grabbed my phone and walked out the room. I walked into the bathroom and turned on the light. I opened one of the drawers and grab one of my brushes to brush my curls up into a ponytail. I was tired of my twist out, the curls were getting frizzy, it wasn't cute anymore. I opened the medicine cabinet and grabbed the Advil. I put a pill in my head then proceeded to the kitchen.

I grabbed a cup from the cabinet and filled it with water from the fridge to take the pill. I roamed through the cabinets looking for something that was would satisfy my cravings. Food always eases my mind.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

I glance over at my phone hoping it was August texting me. I looked at it and it was only my cousin. I roll my eyes and proceed to the freezer for my favorite ice cream.

August hasn't responded to my message since earlier this morning. It's like he's ignoring me. I know his phone is in his hand it always is, I know he saw my message. Why is he pretending to be too busy to text me back? I simply asked, "How'd you sleep?" Like nigga just respond "Good" so I could proceed to ask for his notes from the lecture from the other day. I have no idea why he's being so distant lately I've done nothing wrong. If anything I thought things between us were great. Shit, I guess I was wrong.

He invited me to his family's cookout the other day, everything was perfectly fine the whole entire time. He introduced me to his family and they all liked me since I was bold enough to play Uncle Tony in dominos and beat him. Of course, I didn't take his money, I should've though but I wanted to be nice. Don't even get me started on the bomb ass baked macaroni his mom made, she even gave me a to go plate with just macaroni on it. We really bonded that day and grew closer as friends. His family liked me, matter a fact, they loved me. His cousins invited me to hang out with them, without August, cause I was just that cool. So now for him to just stop fucking with me is strange as hell.

But oh well I'm not gonna blow up his phone, if he wants to talk to me he has my number. The phone works both ways. I'm not about to stress the issue.

I sat the ice cream down on the counter and grabbed a spoon. I didn't feel like putting any in the bowl so I was just gonna eat it out the carton. Who's gonna beat my ass about it? Yeah, I thought so. I walked into the living room and plopped down on the couch. I grabbed the remote and turned on the tv. Martin was on and my mood was instantly lifted, this was my favorite show. Ice Cream and Martin, I'm living the life right now. I began to stuff my mouth with Reese's ice cream but I tried my best to avoid my sensitive ass teeth.