2| Playing The Field | Odell Beckham Jr

I put on my favorite circular lens sunglasses then grabbed my Wendy's strawberry lemonade out the cup holder and hopped out my truck

I put on my favorite circular lens sunglasses then grabbed my Wendy's strawberry lemonade out the cup holder and hopped out my truck. I pulled up my jeans a little and pulled down my tank top so it was now covering my lower back. I began to walk towards the entrance to the stadium while looking down at my phone. At first, the security would always stop me and ask who I was and why I'm here, but not since I'm here so damn much they already know the deal.

"Hey John" I say to one of the guards as I enter walking up the steps. As I walked up the steps it was so silent all I could hear was my flip flop flopping away. When it's game time this stadium is always loud, crowded and just a lot going on so seeing it like this was sort of soothing. I went down these steps in the back that was sort of tucked away, and usually always locked during regular hours, that led to the field. I pushed open the double doors and now I was standing outside in the beaming sun. The sound of whistles continuing to be blown and the sound of March Madness filled my ears.

My hair was blowing all over my face, sticking to my lip gloss as the wind began to blow. I tucked my hair behind my ears and tried to spot my dad somewhere on the field. I saw him standing all the way on the other side of the field and I refused to walk all the way over there so I just walked over to the table that was sitting smack dead in the middle of the field and popped a squat in one of the chairs.

I took out my phone and snapped a few selfies in this beautiful lighting as I waited for my father to move the drill down the field. The players started doing the little stretching exercise routine and my dad began to walk over to me.

"Is that my baby girl?" He asks with a smile and I smile too standing up from chair walking over to him. He hugs me tightly and pecks my forehead.

"How ya been?" My dad asks me.

"I've been great, what about you" I reply. About 6 months ago I moved to Syracuse just to get away from the city for a little bit. I grew up here in NYC my whole life so I just wanted a change of location. I haven't seen my dad since the spring, but my best friends and I decided to take the drive back here for a week since it was the summer and we had nothing better to do.

"Just tryna get these guys to the super bowl before I retire" My dad says turning to the players who were now running around the field. About 2 years ago my dad got this job as the Giants coach. Football is his life, he loves nothing more than he loved football. He played football all his life even made it to the NFL himself but got injured only about 4 years in and had to call it quits.

"Why do you got these men out here slaving in this heat?" I chuckle. I was dying and knew I would be sweating any minute now just from standing out in this sun. To actually have to be running around and doing stuff in the heat made me tired just from thinking about it.

"Hard work pays off" My dad replies with a laugh and blows his whistle "Do I see walking?" He yells beginning to walk over to them.

"Do me a favor Anya since you're worried about them having a heat stroke fill those bottles up with Gatorade" My dad laughs as he walks away. I take a sip of my lemonade and I walk over to the table where there were multiple Gatorade bottles sitting on the table in these holders by a big orange Gatorade dispenser. I take the top off of the bottles and start to fill them up with the juice.