Chapter 3 - Your News Happening World Wide

I must have looked like a complete mess. Falling from a three story window with a girl on top of you would do that to you. I was entirely confused well vexed really when I finally made it back inside, though there was a bit more stumbling included than I liked. I took my suit off in one swift movement putting on something more comfortable.

Besides the girl who tried to kill me earlier I live with others. They also have powers and aren't exactly sure what to do with them. Though it would've been great if one of them even attempted to help me. Now that I thought about it, it really ticked me off. Yes there were other people like me, but only a one out of maybe six really did the hero thing.

I ignored the looks I got from them a single piece of my wind blown hair falling into my face. I could understand most of the looks, I mean, I looked like I was in a tornado. My stature was decreased greatly as I was nearly slumped over from exhaustion. I scanned over their faces until I saw one that I knew.

I didn't know this person in a personal or intimate way, but they were into this whole superhero business. This person also remembered way more than any of us about the important things of our past. When we talked it usually brought me more problems than solutions. More often than not some sort of fight broke out after we spoke.

"Hey Nex, anything new happening?" I asked, my voice slightly hoarse from earlier, leaning over the brown plastic covered couch that he was sitting on.

Nex remained silent though I spoke to him. His neon blue eyes focused on the monitor not to far away from him. I moved my gaze over to it seeing it was a newscast. I didn't see the fascination that kept Nex looking. The whole set up seemed staged, from the Hollywood movie set lights to full max, how obvious it was that they were reading off of a teleprompter, and most definitely how much emotion they were putting into it. No one is that devoted to giving news to people trapped in their homes; well I guess I can take back that statement. I mean after today's fight there probably were people trapped in their house's remains and devastation.

"Welcome to your weekly Webcast. I'm Alex and this is Ryder," Alex gestured to a female sitting beside her, "Today we have news not just from Starshine sector, but from all sectors over the globe and countless other territories." Alex spoke, the light shining on her make up clogged pores.

Ryder nodded in agreement, her hair in tight curls, "That's right Alex, in these places, there have been common sightings of beings with enhancements that give them abilities such as flight, increased strength, and even laser eyes. These enhanced beings have caused damage beyond repair and poverty to far ahead for fixing."

Everyone's eyes went to the monitor before they crowded over to it. I could feel their warm breath on the back of my neck. Not to mention the temperature around us had to rise a few degrees from all the bodies. Instead of straight out slapping them across the face I focused on the monitor.

"We have a message from our leader of Starshine sector-" Alex spoke before getting quickly cut off.

"Am I working this machine right," He then cleared his throat the recorder making his voice turn to decipherable static, "Our sector, along with many others, is going into a crisis. A money crisis that is and with it will be many hindrances. We are in deep water, but we must take big leaps forward. It leaves those small steps back meaningless to the big picture. We will capture all of the enhanced and we will do it as soon as possible. With the decrease in the enhanced our economy will adjust and without delay return to what it once was, opulent."

You didn't have to see his face to know he was smiling as he gave that message. I could feel the sweat build on my forehead I wasn't sure if it was from the extra bodies around me or that I would be hunted. I just had to hope that the people out there with abilities were panicking less than me.

"Nex, we need to talk." I said before my mind could catch on to what I was doing.