Chapter 57

Chapter 57

Once again, thank you so much to all of your responses to my question! The general feeling I got was that you guys definitely didn't want me to skip/summarize the matches, since they were important and set the mood, but you did agree that cutting down on the details would be ideal, most of you.
I'm a little sorry to hear some of you tend to skip the matches, because you don't know enough about basketball. All you really gotta know I will list at the bottom AN. I don't know anything about basketball either, so I do believe it's pretty understandable for anyone. Also because I do add some important things, and will in this chapter too, during the matches.

I apologize for any grammar errors that I have made! Read and Review!
Disclaimer: Yup, I really don't own anything.

Earth~

Lucy moaned herself awake, feeling another pulse of pain run through her. It was only just she could collect herself enough to look underneath her long-sleeved shirt so see the markings still glowing red on her skin.

With a defeated groan, she leaned back again, feeling her muscles ache with just that simple movement. Ultear really hadn't been lying when she said opening the Second Origin would be painful. Really, she probably underestimated the pain it actually caused. She had passed out after all!

The blonde hissed  when another pulse forced its way through her system painfully. It wasn't as bad as she remembered it to be in Earthland, but it sure wasn't forgiving either.

It was kind of odd how she came by, accompanied by Jellal and Meredy. Apparently the three of them had created their own little guild, Crime Sorciere, in which they would repent for their sins and crimes by taking on some of the things impossible for ordinary guilds and the Council to do, all of them having inside knowledge of the dark guilds.

The reason they even looked for Team Natsu - plus Wendy and Elfman - was because Jellal especially had been feeling some strange magic from the Grand Magic Games the last few years. And now they wanted their assistance in figuring all this out. To show their friendliness, Ultear offered to open their Second Origin, stored power their chances of ever reaching was right around zero naturally, and that apparently brought along an incredible amount of pain.

Obviously, that was really just a cover for Jellal to meet up with Erza though. What was worse, when he pulled her off to talk alone, he lied and told her he had a fiancé somewhere. It was ridiculous, he was just shy. And he had almost kissed the redhead too!

How did she know this? Well, she explored her skills as a spy, is all.

She couldn't contain a sigh of resignation at the fact that she was now stuck at Earth, would probably in a constant interval feel that pulse of pain, would probably look like someone insane in the eyes of anyone looking, with her groaning and it was only a matter of time before someone, most likely someone from the Miracles, would find her.

She was already not looking forward to it.

With yet another sigh, she took a look around to figure out where she was. With eyes widened in confusion, she found herself in a little... Wagon, of sorts. A wooden one, connected to a bike. It wasn't big, per say, but big enough to hold a single person or so.

She had somehow ended up here? At the bike-parking lot of the Winter Cup? Really? Of all places...

Pulling herself together, she actually managed to get up from the wagon, but she was forced back down as she did, landing down in the cart again. Covering her face with her hands, she gave herself just another moment.