Sengoku Kaname x Reader

Your eyes narrowed as your fiance stepped through the threshold of your home. Your arms remained crossed over your chest, while you leaned back into the couch. 

The male had red marks trailing along his arms and some peeking out from under the collar of his t-shirt, his jacket draped over his shoulder casually. A small grin sitting on his lips as he gazed down at his phone.

You knew of his history - blowing off all of his and Chiduru's prize money at hostess clubs. He had promised you that he wouldn't do anything that stupid again, but it seemed like you couldn't trust him.

"Enjoy yourself?" You asked the male, who jumped two feet into the air. His eyes caught sight of your slight form, pressing into the couch for warmth.

"Oh, babe - I didn't know you'd be awake..." he chanced a glance at the clock in the living room, and winced when he discovered it to be well past 3 A.M.

"I, uh - can explain?" He shrugged, a sheepish smile curling at the edge of his lips. But it soon died away when he noticed the bags underneath your eyes; how your bottom lip seemed to be recovering from constant worrying, and how pale you looked.

"Do you have any idea, how worried I was." You stated rather than asked, fingers digging into your arms to prevent you from lashing out. 

He opened his mouth to reply but was cut off when you jumped in, "Obviously not. Did you even think of me at all when you were out gallivanting with, those... women?" Your voice rose in pitch at the last word and he immediately rubbed the back of his neck in guilt. 

"I thought you got hurt, I called your phone, messaged you - I called everyone! Jinbo, Banba, Tamaki, even Chiduru! Nobody knew where you were, or how you were! I thought you got into an accident -" your voice died off, eyes reddening as you wiped them furiously. 

"Babe," he started, before you stood up abruptly, cutting him off once more.

"I'm going to bed. Wash off that shanks' perfume and take off your engagement ring, since it obviously means so little to you." You hissed, taking your own ring off for good measure and chucking it onto the coffee table.

You couldn't be bothered anymore; you had work at 7 A.M - someone had to pay the bills around here. Your head pounded from the blood drumming against your ears - nails leaving crescent shaped marks in the palm of your hands.

"Sleep on your own tonight, or find someone who'll be willing to let you hold them." You spat out one last time before entering your bedroom and shutting the door quietly behind you, the lock clicking into place with a sense of finality.