prologue

"It... it hurts..."

"What hurts, darling?~" the demon chuckled coldly, shoving the angel down to the cold, dusty rock-hard floor. The angel nearly cracked his skull colliding with the tiled ground; he winced in pain, unable to speak.

"Aww, are you that puny?" the demon spat. "You petty creatures need to realise that you're no match for me!"

"Why... why are you - " the demon knelt down and roughly cupped the angel's chin, gold eyes meeting red. "Oh, Kiku," the demon whispered, shaking his head. "It's obvious why I'm doing this! You know that human boy - the beautiful, luscious human boy you were assigned to protect from me?"

Kiku winced in disgust as the demon licked his lips.

"That boy, Heracles... he's my prey..."

Kiku managed to gather the strength to reach for his pocket knife, hoisted in his belt. The demon was too distracted to realise what the angel was doing. With one quick flick of the wrist, Kiku slashed his knife against the demon's waist, causing him to screech in pain. The black-haired angel managed to slip out of the raven-haired demon's grasp, now regaining some strength.

"Prope in conspectu Dei tui mortem, daemon!!" Kiku heard a familiar Turkish accent, to which he recognised it as Sadik Adnan, an Archangel. The gurgling and screeching of more demons wanted to make Kiku faint on the spot.

But he couldn't.

He watched the demon behind him drop dead, knowing that it was potentially safe to flee into the next room. Kiku raced to the next room, his wings spreading wide as he glided towards there.

The room smelled of dried up blood, saliva, and other nasty substances. Surrounding the Archangel were at least twenty demons, and the strongest amongst all, the King, stood, proud and tall.

"Die, monster! Your presence is a disgrace to this world!" Sadik yelled, aiming his crossbow towards the Demon King, who only chuckled and planted himself down on his throne. "Little Sadik, how I missed you! You were probably the most amazing servant I've ever had!"

"But those ways have changed! When I say your first name, Alfred, it disgusts me!" Sadik spat. Alfred let out another laugh, legs now crossed on top of one another. "How cute. You actually remember my name after, what's-his-face, Ludwig cured you?"

Kiku hid behind a bookshelf, overhearing the conversation between the King and the Archangel. This was all new to him...

"I don't care about the past! What I care about is your head on my trophy stand! Now, get your arse off your little throne of lies and fight me!"

"I would, but I shan't challenge a traitor to his own father." Alfred mused, which instantly turned into laughter. The other demons joined in the laughter, jeering and snarling at Sadik.

Kiku clenched his fists. He knew he wasn't the strongest angel, and he definitely wasn't the bravest. But Sadik was his best friend - almost like his little brother. And seeing Alfred and his pathetic excuse for an army jeering at his little brother was a big no-no.

Gripping his pocket knife tightly, Kiku snuck behind a laughing demon, before stabbing her through the back. The laughing immediately stopped as the demon fell to the ground.

"How cute, Sadik has a baby sister!" One of the demons cooed. Kiku clenched his teeth, letting his inner anger flow. He wasn't normally like this - only when somebody messed with his family.

"You brought along your little prince!" Alfred smirked. "Awe, he's adorable! I think I might just want to have a taste of him!"

Sadik growled, stepping closer to Alfred. "Come any closer to my Kiku, and you'll suffer the consequences."

"You're all talk and no action, Sadik," Alfred shrugged, getting up off his throne and gliding over to Kiku, pushing Sadik aside. The King gazed down at the smaller Angel, baring his fangs. "My, aren't you just the cutest!~" he gushed. "I would totally love to have you as my queen... oh, imagine the wondrous things we'd do in our 'spare time'," he snickered.

Kiku tried his hardest not to blush, but unfortunately he wasn't able to control that. Damn, this fucker was smooth. "Too bad you're an ally with a traitor." He made a 'tsk' sound. "Kiku, Kiku, Kiku..."

"Alfred!" Sadik shouted, but the demon only turned his head, a mischievous smirk resting upon his face. "What is it?" He asked, as he made a gesture to one of his demon troops. The demon pressed a button, and thus caused the entire room to shake. The wall began to crumble, as Alfred scooped Kiku up into his arms quickly. The demons all fled at once, leaving the King, Archangel, and angel in the room.

"If you want your Kiku back," Alfred said, as he opened a trapdoor with his foot, throwing Kiku down the chute. "Go and fetch like a good dog you are!"

"SADIK!" Kiku screeched as he fell down. He suddenly felt incredibly light; his wings had disappeared. Now, he kept falling... and falling... and falling.

He wondered when he was going to land. He wondered if he was going to ever fly again. He wondered if he was even alive.

The world around Kiku grew smaller and smaller, as his view of the dark and gloomy castle faded. He couldn't hear anything, see anything, feel anything... and then he came to a sudden conclusion:

...he was no longer in his world anymore.