Chapter 33: I'll Always Be Here, For You

KAYLA (Arissa in the pic)

Arissa threw one Bloodling at Clarke. "Cut it open."

"Why me?" He whined.

"Because I said so." Arissa flipped her blonde hair.

Clarke rolled his eyes and dropped the Bloodling on the floor, he knelt down. "Anyone have a knife?"

I gave the knife I was holding, or the knife I used to kill Terry, to Clarke.

He grabbed it. "Thanks." and started slicing the stomach.

Arissa did the same, but more roughly. Blood splattered all over her black coat as she did it.

"Are you okay Arissa?" Alice asked.

She sighed. "I can't believe he killed your parents."

"Please," Zach looked at his feet. "Can we not talk about that right now?"

Arissa nodded, she then dipped her hand into the Bloodling, grabbing an organ. It didn't even look like an organ!

She started smothering the blood all over herself.

Once she was done, she asked, "Who's next?"

Taylor, looking very disgusted shivered.

"Ah, Taylor." Arissa pulled her arm. "Let's do you." She started taking more blood and wiping it all over Taylor.

Clarke did the same to himself, helping Alice and Teresa too. Zach helped me.

"Are you okay?" He asked as wiped some blood on my back, since I couldn't reach it.

I pinched my nose, to prevent smelling the blood. "No."

He pulled my hair up, and smothered more blood on my neck. "Yeah, that probably wasn't a good question."

"How are you doing?" I asked.

He sighed. "I have to admit, not good."

I then turned around and helped Zach. "Life is shit."

"Mm, it's been like that since the virus." He laughed.

His laugh made my heart skip a beat, which was weird. Something about him made me feel, what do you call it?

Couple minutes later, we were all ready.

Arissa tried to open the door, "It won't budge!"
She slammed it again. "It's still not opening."

Arissa continued, but Clarke pulled her away. "Stop." He whispered. "You know why It's blocked? Its blocked by bloodlings!" He pointed at the slightly opened door.

"Oh.."

He sighed. "Op-"

The door bursted open. A whole bunch of bloodlings started to flood the room. Luckily they didn't notice us, I pulled Alice near me so we wouldn't lose her. Although she's a tall girl, she can definitely get lost in this crowd of bloodlings.

We all slowly pushed through the crowd, not making a sound. We walked in one line, Arissa at the front, Zach, Me, Alice, Taylor, Teresa and Clarke. We made it out the hall safely, but,

Outside was worst.

They were everywhere. There was even a young lady getting eaten up near a dead lamp post. And kids.

Little bloodlings.

Arissa slightly gasped.

We walked and walked what felt like hours. Who knew this place was so big?