Chapter Six

"Can you still walk?" Sans looked at me as we teleported into a room of some sort. I figured that it was his due to the way he kicked aside a stray book. I nodded, now wiping my nose from the everlasting snot. Beautiful me.... I totally don't look disgusting....

Sans nodded, taking a mental note of my condition.

"I need you to take off the jacket, kid." He said as he worked his way to the closet.

"Wait, w-what?" I asked, slightly taken back by what he said. If anything, I'm keeping this on... Did Mom date a pervert too?

Sans turned to me, now giving me a slightly disappointed glance. It was almost as if he was able to read my mind.

"Kid. I've read about cases of hypothermia on humans when I was on the surface. I know how to treat it." He grumbled and returned his glance to the closet. "And even if you don't have it, I know how to prevent it from happening. So if you don't want to die, I suggest that you start taking the jacket off."

"O-oh." I mumbled out in light guilt and started to peel off the soaked jacket. It felt heavy against my skin, so when I finally pulled the whole thing off, I felt a lot lighter. But even then, I still shivered from the cold. I watched Sans shuffle around his closet, and I could only suspect that it was just as disorganized as his room. After some time, he pulled out some clothing and teleported from the closet to right next to me. Probably didn't want to deal with the things in the way.

He tossed all of the clothes onto the bed next to myself, which I found were full of white t-shirts, red t-shirts, the occasional knitted, red turtleneck, and black gym shorts. What a variety...

"Well, kid." He handed me a turtle neck sweater and some gym shorts. "These look about your size. Hurry to the restroom and change."

I pulled up the turtle neck, and almost immediately, I already noticed that it was oversized. I mean, you would have to be an idiot for thinking that this was my size. So, I looked up at Sans and frowned at him.

"What's wrong, kid?" He asked, now with a hint of annoyance in his voice. He was probably just getting tired of me questioning everything.

"E-eh...this s-sweater is kinda...big o-on me." I said through a shiver as I eyed out a smaller turtleneck. I reached for it and held it up, finding that it was around my size.  "H-how about this o-one?"

Sans sighed, took the smaller sweater out of my hands, and tossed it back on the pile of clothing. He then looked back at me, his cheekbones turning a little red.

"Kid..." He sighed again. "Okay. Hypothermia is a condition that happens when someone is exposed to cold temperatures or to cold water without the proper clothing to protect them from so. Now, because you happen to fall into Snowdin during a storm, I imagine that all of your clothing is soaked. And in order to prevent hypothermia, you have to take away all wet and/or cold clothing to ensure that your regular body heat doesn't drop below 95°F." He paused and blinked at me. "Do you get where I'm going with this?"

To be completely honest, I was confused and out of confusion, I couldn't bait out a response to his question. From my silence, he only nodded and groaned a bit.

"Okay, you don't." He muttered. "To be blunt, you need to strip yourself of everything and change into what I gave you."

"O-okay, what?" I exclaimed out of doubt. "No w-way!"

"I'm not joking, kid. If you don't, you can die of organ failure." Sans said sternly and handed me the oversized turtleneck and gym shorts again. When he saw that I was defying what he told me to do, a flash of anger ran through his face causing red magic to flare out of his left eye. "Kara, if you really think I'd take advantage of you like that, we're going to have some damn problems! Go and do as I say now!"