Story/Chapter two:

*this story is really long and I'm too lazy to fix all the computer bugs so the names and some words are connected:p*

It was a couple months ago that James and Jack saw each other, but tonight James had to put on his Batsuit again. When James saw Jack he was murdering people.

"Joker! Stop!" He barked at him and pulled him away from the many people.

"Oh hi, Batsy!"
"Jack... what the fuck are you doing?!"
"I'm killing people before they can kill me!"
"What are you talking about?"
"Look, James, people want to kill US! So I'm gonna kill everybody before somebody can kill me!" Jack smiled.
"Okay that's it! You're going back to Arkham!"
"N-no! I can't go back there! Those 9 months were hell!"
"Why were they...?"
"Look, I'm here to make a truce okay? A deal... I'm gonna find out who wants to kill us and I'm gonna take care that nobody kills you, and for that, you don't bring me to Arkham!"

"Fine... on one condiscion.... You can't kill anybody, if you kill someone, the deal's off and I'll bring you to Arkham..."

Jack kept a minute silent before a quick "Okay deal!" then he just ran away... James was worried, did somebody really wanted to kill them?

-one day later (Day 3)

Three days. Apparently, that was the length of time it took to  go stark raving mad. At least, that's how James felt as he walked to his  office on a morning all too happy to remind him that winter was on its  way. Three days and only one thing had occupied his brain.  

Batman and Joker had called a truce. 

James was pretty sure all of Gotham would've given a collective  sigh of relief if they'd known but James was feeling anything but. He  expected to wake up at any moment and discover it'd all been a dream,  switch on the television and see Jack still at large, wreaking havoc  across the city. 

But it hadn't happened yet and Jameswas doing his damndest to accept that this was real. It was too close to something he'd wanted for too long and  he'd been burnt too often in the past to give in to even a sliver of  premature optimism.  

And, despite his attempts, he'd never been able to completely  silence that ever-so-helpful voice whispering in the back of his head.  For the very first time, Batman and Joker were on the         same side. They were working         with each other instead of against and, God, there was just so much         potential. James knew what Jack was capable of, how resourceful, how clever. If he'd just put the homicidal tendencies to one side...

Not for the first time, James told the voice to shut the hell up. It         wasn't being helpful. It didn't matter what Jack said or did, the  first rule of dealing with him was to not take anything at face value.  So, yeah, Jack may've called a truce, but there were still a whole lot  of question marks hanging over the whole thing that needed to be removed  before he could even start to trust him.

   "Good morning, Mister Wayne," Michelle said, looking up from the  magazine she no doubt had hidden on her lap under the reception desk.  Why she felt the need he didn't know. It didn't bother him, so long as  she got her work done. "Something arrived for you today."  

    The way she said it made James pause.

   "Oh?"  

   "It's on your desk," she replied and he could see she was fighting a smile.

   Frowning, he thanked Michelle before opening the door to his  office and immediately wished he hadn't. He backed up a couple of  spaces.

   "Um...what is that?" He jerked a thumb towards the office.