[chapter 4]

"When is your flight coming in?" Yoongi asked through the phone.

Jungkook struggled to manage his bags on the other end. "Around eight. So in two hours."

Christmas had passed smoothly, everyone going home to spend quality time with the family. Yoongi wouldn't admit that he missed Jungkook aloud. It seemed that they were getting closer and closer during those months and what was even more surprising was that they'd called each other back and forth practically everyday. It was a very fuzzy feeling and Yoongi didn't know what it meant but he was willing to hold onto it for now.

"Okay, I'll pick you up then."

While he waited, he called Taehyung who was mouthing off about some New Year's party.

"Please, we're all going. You and Jungkook are the only ones who are saying no."

"And for a good reason," Yoongi said. "It's not my scene."

"Ah, hyung... so lazy."

Two hours later, he got into his car and drove to the airport. He let the radio go on its own accord as he let his mind rest. To be quite honest, he was excited to see Jungkook again. He doubted the younger felt the same but he also still had that childish sliver of hope left in him. He tapped along to the songs and sang quietly to the ones he knew. It had been a while since he felt this serene.

Jungkook moved past the tightly packed space, constantly checking the time. He spotted a tuft of grey hair in the crowd and followed after it. To grab his attention, Jungkook slipped his hand into Yoongi's. The two embraced, lingering for a second too long before rushing to Yoongi's car as to avoid people recognising them despite their masks and sunglasses.

"Missed me?" Yoongi joked, lowering the volume of the radio.

Jungkook laughed. "You wish."

"Oh... you see, I actually missed you quite a bit. I guess you just don't like me," Yoongi said in fake disappointment.

Jungkook smiled but on the inside, he was screaming. Yoongi joking about Jungkook 'liking' him sent his heart beating. He wished to reassure Yoongi that no, there's no such thing as Jungkook not liking him and that it's actually the complete opposite.

"I do like you, hyung. I think you're really cool." Jungkook's face burned but he continued. "You've looked after all of us and taught me loads of things. I can't be thankful enough."

Yoongi smiled, looking ahead. "That's sweet."

"I know I am."

Of all the things Jungkook expected Yoongi to say, that wasn't one of them. He was actually quite proud of himself that he managed it smoothly. Normally, specifically (if not only) around Yoongi, he'd find himself blushing and stuttering like a madman, despite confident appearances. He rubbed his hands together nervously. Points were starting to connect in his head, the slight uneasiness or cautiousness he felt around Yoongi and the consistent blushing whenever they called each other over the holidays.

He doubted it could be anything else but part of him didn't want it to be love; it would just cause too many problems. His hands reached for his water bottle and he took a large gulp, praying that it would clear his mind at least a little. It was too much to assume.

-

"Please!" Jimin pleaded. "Even Jin's going!"

Jungkook put his pencil down. He could go, take his mind off some troubling things. It wouldn't do much harm, he thought; as long as Yoongi wasn't going. He doubted he would anyways. "Okay. I'll come."