[chapter 6]

Both of them wished it was that easy.

No matter how strong one's desires are, things like love take good time. It was with this thought that the pair managed to give each other enough time to recover from how smooth Yoongi was with his confession line.

And Yoongi had gone to Daegu to visit his brother but both were valid reasons.

Jimin looked up to see Jungkook smiling at his work. He was drawing, taking a break from Overwatch for once. He seemed to be languorous the past few days, slipping in and out of daydreams to his own pleasure. Today was one of the few days where Jungkook actually got work done in his free time.

"What are you drawing?" Jimin asked.

Jungkook wasn't paying attention to what he was drawing. He lifted his pencil from the paper and took a hard look at his work then grinned. Jimin leaned over and smiled.

"Ah, Jungkookie. Still lovestruck?"

He'd decorated the entire page with small doodles of Yoongi, one particular doodle resembling the picture he'd taken in the studio all those months ago.

But Jungkook doubted he'd ever feel embarrassed about it.

-

It was almost childish, the way they finally started.

It was a month after Yoongi had taken the offer and they were finally alone in the dance practice room. For that entire month, they had tried going on small, unofficial dates and would generally be closer to one another when they did any activity. Now, they were seated in the large, pristine white room, cross-legged and across from one another. Jungkook had his glasses on and his laptop in his lap.

"How about the dance of love?" he asked, looking up at Yoongi. They both grimaced and Jungkook went back to researching.

After a while, he drew in a breath and closed his laptop lid. "It's just this website trying to convince me that getting you in bed will solve everything," Jungkook groaned. "Just... kiss me."

Jungkook thought it was extremely cute and amusing that he had to guide Yoongi's nervous hand to his cheek to reassure him. It made him feel a bit more at peace to know that Yoongi was just as nervous as he was.

Then it was their first proper date and as per the cliche, they went for lamb skewers. After trying to feed each other, they decided that that level of cuteness wasn't for them and settled on making conversation ranging from friendly questions to suggestive pick-up lines.

"Hyung."

"Hmm?"

"Ah... nothing, you're just very pretty," Jungkook said smoothly.

Yoongi rolled his eyes but a warm blush covered his cheeks in response. "Aish, you massive cutie."

Jungkook laughed. "But really, you are pretty."

Later on the same day, Yoongi bought Jungkook a speaker which he knew he'd been eyeing for the past month. Jungkook took it with the utmost gratitude, humbled and blushing. Yoongi had only laughed sweetly and kissed Jungkook's forehead.

As far as the other members went, they weren't shocked at all. Hoseok, Namjoon and Taehyung were beyond excited and tried coming up with ship names. Yoongi had whispered to Jungkook that they all sucked. Jin stood with a raised brow, arms folded and a knowing smirk on his face.

"See? It's okay to have crushes," he'd said to Yoongi once everyone had left the room.

Jimin hugged both of them and teased Jungkook all throughout the day about what he'd said in the kitchen about Yoongi not liking him based on his 'maknae instinct'.

"How small-minded you were!" he cried dramatically. "And how wise you are now!"

Once everyone was settled in their respective rooms, Yoongi had taken to his desk where he was finally finishing the piece he was working on before Christmas.

The one with the file name 'unrequited love aka dammit jungkook'.

Of course, after New Year's, he'd changed the name of the file. It was changed to 'i can't believe i was that smooth'.

Jin poked his arm while he was rendering the final product.

"Can I listen?"

Yoongi smiled and nodded. Jin was always supportive in these small ways and he always appreciated it. It was a side of Jin that not many people appreciated him for but Yoongi was always glad that Jin was around to keep everyone in order. He was quite mom-like in his behaviour and while he didn't like the title, Jin couldn't bring himself to deny it.

"You know, I'm really happy to have you around, hyung. You're always looking out for us," Yoongi said.

Jin smiled. "Thanks."

He pulled a chair up to the monitor and put Yoongi's headphones on. The song was slow and soft and held a sense of the very precise tranquility that you only feel when you're truly and deeply in love. What further surprised Jin was that Yoongi was singing - not rapping - and that it was oddly comforting. By the end, Jin had tears forming in his eyes and while he tried to make sure it went unnoticed, Yoongi was already laughing hysterically at him.

"Yah, Yoongi, stop! It's an emotional song!"

After Yoongi had calmed down, he placed a hand on Jin's shoulders, turning serious. "Do you think I can woo Jungkook with it?"

"Woo?" Jin laughed. "You'll make him fall completely, absolutely face-first in love with you!"

"Good. It was intended."

Jungkook was awake as well, clicking away on his laptop. Namjoon didn't seem to mind since he was snoring softly in his bed, blankets tucked to his chin. The photo that he was editing was of fairly bad quality since it was taken quickly and on a phone camera. It was the picture that Jungkook had taken of Yoongi the day he first put the offer forth in the studio.

This picture's file name was originally 'why is hyung so pretty' followed by innumerable question marks.

After New Year's, it had changed to 'damn, he was hella smooth'.

The next day, when the two were alone in the dorm, Yoongi played the song. They were on the couch simply talking and he thought it would be the perfect time. Jungkook was on the verge of falling asleep when soft chords filled the living room.

Jungkook was about to ask what song it was when he heard Yoongi's singing and looked up at him in shock.

"Yoongi..."

Tears began to form in Jungkook's eyes as he listened to the words of the song. His heartbeat accelerated as Yoongi took him into his arms and held him tightly. He tried to calm himself down by hugging Yoongi harder but he only ended up crying even more.

"Crap," Jungkook said through his sobs. "You passed."

Yoongi laughed, wiping away Jungkook's tears.