Chpt. 1

(Y/N's P.O.V)

"YOU STUPID BITCH," he gripped my ponytail tighter in his fist. His strong morning-coffee breath made my lip curl. "YOU MADE ME LATE, YOU IGNORANT SHIT." He jerked my hair, forcing me to look him in the eye, "I'm sorry, grandpa- Dr. hill," He clenched his fist tighter at my mistake, making me wince in between words, "It won't happen again, sir."

He glared before pushing me to the door. I stumbled and grabbed my bag off of the coat rack, unlocked the door and scurried to his vehicle. I wiped my tears away and took a deep breath. You're strong. You're fine. The car shook when he got in and slammed the door rather forcefully.

"We'll finish this conversation later, " he smacked his lips and started pulling out.

As we arrived, Dr. hill hurried inside, I following close behind. "He's an old patient of mine with minor psychosis. Its was basically first triggered by the death of his two sisters; only one body found... or at least the head of one," he chuckled as we walk down the maroons carpeted hallways.

I widened my eyes. Jesus, how is that even slightly funny? I shook my head in disapproval. "He's been suffering for approximately... 3 years, I believe and then he became missing for about another year. He explained the most unsettling and obscure things, being off his meds for that long really fucked with him." Curiosity caught me.

When we turned the corner, I saw the young man leaning against Dr. Hill's door, both of his hands were shoved into his pockets and he stared blankly at one of the many dull painting that were scattered around the building. He was slim, yet tall, and had a welcoming look that followed his movements like a shadow. I just received a good vibe off of him in general. "Anyhow, I wanted him to come back for a little session.. a checkup if you may." He put on his oh-so-friendly-smile and welcomed the guy.

"Hello there, Joshua! I apologize for being tardy, my granddaughter took her time this morning," he side-eyed me with a glare. My alarm didn't go off, it wasn't my fault. "Oh, where are my manners! Joshua, this is Y/N. She basically works for me," he laughed warmly, "she's just going to take some notes and listen, is that okay?" He dug in his pocket for the key and unlocked the door. Josh looked me up and down casually and gave a flirtatious side smile, "No problem at all."

Even though it was, "unprofessional," I couldn't help but blush and smile back.

"Lets have a seat," Dr. Hill held open the door for Joshua, who willingly walked in and slumped down in the red chair. I was about to follow until a hand yanked my forearm back. My grandfather leaned in and whispered, "Don't. Fuck. This. Up." And then let go, walking in before me. I rubbed the area and walked over to my chair, after closing the door behind me.

I pulled my tiny grey office chair and the famous Dr. Hill started throwing the basic questions.

Two hours had passed

Two hours had passed. And before i knew it, the time was up. I didn't even write anything.. except for a small note on the sidelines. A random one that just came to mind; "kind of a pretty boy, isn't he?"

"Looks like our time is up, Joshua. I'll get back with you later on-"

The door slowly opened, Mrs. Haiddix, who worked as the secretary, popped her head in, "I'm sorry A.J, but you have another call from Mr. Wyatt." He huffed and shook his head. "Thank you, Tanya." He left the room, irritated but hummed away.

She was a somewhat plump old lady. Her grey short curls bounced with her every step and she smelled of peppermint all the time. She smiled and winked at me before following him down the hall. It was her special way of saying "Hello, dear."

The room became deathly quiet...

Just sitting there was awkward for the both of us, I could tell. So to avoid the tension, I got up and started packing my bag, sliding my leather notebook back in my bag.

"What's your name again?- Y/N, right?" Joshua's voice questioned from behind. I threw my bag around me and spun around, "Yup.. Hm, Joshua, do you go by Josh or?" I sat back down across from him, this time in Dr. Hills chair.

He strained up in his seat and tilted his head, "Smart and pretty. Uh, can I have your numb-"

I flashed a little smile, "Thanks, but I don't have a phone- couldn't afford one if I even wanted one." Okay, so I lied. The truth was, I wasn't allowed to have one and talking to a patient was forbidden. Dr. Hill never said why, but I knew his reasoning. He wanted to keep me from the world and social media. I wouldn't be able to leave or call the police on him for the constant abuse. The only reason I don't is because of the money. He's the one who pays for everything; my online schooling, my necessities, clothes, and already has me on the list for one of the most expensive and top rankings colleges in the world. Not to mention this, all the practice I'm getting from him- so I can take on his legacy. All of it could be gone with a snap of his fingers. My future depends on him.

Suddenly his mood and body language shifted, a tense and more serious voice rose from his throat, "Do you enjoy helping people- people like me?" He slightly leaned in and stared into my eyes. Being the rather shy and awkward person I was, I became slightly uncomfortable. I'm never allowed to speak in sentences to the patients. Just smiles, yes', no's and proper greetings and goodbyes. But what Dr. Hill doesn't know can't hurt him.

"Uh, ya-ya, of course." I furrowed my eyebrows at his uncanny question. Josh mumbled something under his breath. I was about to ask why, though Dr. Hill came in.

He coughed for a minute and then said his goodbyes. Josh turned to me before heading out, "See you around," he winked and then disappeared into the hall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thx for reading, vote... or else wendigos will show up at your window tonight.

-LostKids-