0.22

Real World

2 Months Later...

Daniel's Pov

Kayla's been doing great lately. She's getting better at using her left hand, and she hardly needs my help anymore. I still cook and help her text, but everything else she pretty much does on her own. This next month is going to be a breeze. It hasn't been any less awkward around here. Everytime I even go near Kayla, there's always butterflies in my stomach. Still fighting every fiber in my body to not kiss her to keep Jonah happy. She may be eighteen now, but Jonah would kill me whether she is a minor or not. I'm not taking any chances. He comes by every other day to check on Kayla. Which happens to be today. So I was busy cleaning up the house while Kayla was getting dressed. I was just about to start on the kitchen whenever I get a knock on the door. Crap...he's early. I go to answer the door whenever I hear Kayla scream. I open the door and quickly head back to Kayla's room. "What's wrong? What's wrong?!" I ask twice. "My cast broke!" Kayla says. "Does your arm hurt?" I add a tiny bit of pressure on her arm. I can feel her bones. They feel like they're together. "I feel fine! It doesn't hurt at all!" Kayla cheers. "Looks like you get to come home early." I hear Jonah say from behind me. I nod. "Well, I better go pack!" I cheer. On the inside, I'm really bummed. These past two months have been fun. Kayla and I have become really really close. But now that's all over. Now I have to head back home to work. At least I get to see the guys again. I've been texting them a lot before I go to sleep. I just realized that I have a lot of rehearsal to catch up on. Guess leaving early is going to help my career stay alive.

After I finish packing, Jonah grabs my arm and drags me out of Kayla's apartment...oh gosh save me. "I see the way you look at my sister." Jonah confronts me. "W-What way?" I ask him. Crap, I'm going to die, he's going to kill me because he somehow found out that I had a crush on Kayla. This is it Daniel, this is the day you die. It was a good eighteen years of life. Why is the world spinning? I think I'm having another panic attack. Now I can't see anything. Everything is black, I can't hear anything, how can this get any worse? Because now I can't feel anything. That's how it gets worse.

Jonah's Pov

I was about to go off on Daniel whenever I saw his eyes go big. The next thing I know, he's on the floor, passed out cold. I try picking him up, trying to be careful not to hurt him. Kayla walks out of her apartment and sees Daniel. She rushes straight to his side. "Kayla, I swear, he had a panic attack." I explain. She glares at me "What did you do to cause it? People don't just have panic attacks unless something caused it. What did you say to him?!" She demands. "I told him not to try anything with you." "He didn't try anything with me!" "Then why does he like you as more than a friend?" I ask her. "He doesn't! If anything, it's me who likes him as more than a friend. It's me that had to fight to not kiss him, it's me who asked him to help me sleep whenever I would have nightmares, it was me who cuddled into him to help myself sleep. So if you're going to be mad at anyone, it should be me!" She screams at me.

Daniel's Pov

I hear screaming when I come back from passing out. "Then why does he like you as more than a friend?" I hear Jonah scream at Kayla. "He doesn't! If anything, it's me who likes him as more than a friend. It's me that had to fight to not kiss him, it's me who asked him to help me sleep whenever I would have nightmares, it was me who cuddled into him to help myself sleep. So if you're going to be mad at anyone, it should be me!" She screams at him. "You like him?" Jonah asks, shocked. "I-I do, but why do you care? He's been helping me, and you can't show him any respect." Kayla defends me. I feel Kayla move. Jonah's either hugging her, or he's going to yell right at her face. "Kayla, I had no right to say what I just said, and I'm sorry. I'm just trying to look out for you. If there was anyone I'd want you to date, it'd be Daniel. You're right, Daniel has been really helpful, and I should respect that. As soon as he wakes up, I'll apologize to him." Jonah says. I guess he was hugging her. "Apology accepted." Kayla and I say at the same time. "Daniel?" Kayla and Jonah say. "I came to not that long ago." I smile, opening my eyes. I get up and walk over to them. "How much of that did you hear?" Kayla asks me. "Um..." I can't tell her I heard the whole thing. I enjoyed hearing what I did, but Jonah won't. "I only heard Jonah's apology to us both." I finish. Jonah looks at me weirdly. "Dude, tell her the truth, I'm not going to kill you, I promise." He tells me. I sigh. "I heard from the part where Jonah said he was confronting me for liking you and on." I gulp. Kayla looks at me, and I just look down at the ground. "No matter how much I like you, I don't want to disappoint Jonah, so I'm just going to grab my stuff and leave." I manage to get out. My voice started cracking towards the end. I try to walk into Kayla's apartment, whenever Jonah stops me. "Did you not hear me tell her that if there was anyone that I'd want her to date, that it'd be you?" He asks me. "It isn't what you want though Jonah. I'm scared that stereotypically if we didn't work out, and broke up, you'd come after me. I don't want to risk breaking up the band." "It doesn't matter what I want, and if that happened, it wouldn't get into risking the band, I promise." He pats my shoulder. "I'm taking your word on that." He nods and then I walk over to Kayla. "I'd love to be your girlfriend." She says. Well, I guess I don't have to ask then. "I'd love to be your boyfriend." I smile. I hug her. I then go back over to Jonah and practically jump hug him. We end up falling onto the ground in laughter. This day has definitely been something.

A bit emotion jumpy isn't it? 😂 I honestly don't know what I was thinking when I wrote this. I just know that this is the part Daniel and Kayla were going to get together in (finally). Was it too much? Leave your opinions on this in the comments below, and I will see you guys in the next part!

~Alysa