Chapter 25

Fatigue overtook her and she closed her eyes for a moment's rest. She must have fallen asleep because the next thing she knew Edward had her in his strong arms and was carrying her inside the cabin. She curled into his immense chest like he was a comfortable pillow. A groan, vibrated deep from in his torso, escaped as he laid her on a bed. He softly gave her a kiss on the forehead and then left her alone. Disappointment serge through her body as if a part of her had just walk out the door with him.

Infuriated that he could affect her in this manner, she pushed off of the bed and followed him to the front room. It was time for them to have it out. Electricity was sparking between her fingers and wind was hitting against the roof as she stormed into the room. She came up short when she noticed everyone was standing above a body watching Edward pour water on it.

"Wake up. It's time to talk." Edward said not noticing Elizabeth entering the room. She made her way through the hordes of men to see who was in the chair. Rebecca and Bridget were standing over their uncle. How did he get here and when?

The old man jumped as if he was dreaming of falling off a high cliff. A look of confusion shadowed his face for only a second, but then his usual confident smile took hold. "You are all here. This is good." He relaxed against the back of the chair as if settling in for a show. Elizabeth relocated her anger from Edward to the arrogant man in front of her.

Edward calmly set on a stool and propped on his knees. "Want to explain yourself uncle." Edward couldn't keep the disdain from his voice.

"Not really. Too many people in this room." William's smile became malicious to the point Elizabeth wouldn't even consider it a smile. She subconsciously took a step back.

"And here we thought you loved all the attention." Edward turned to the group of men. "Want to give us some space guys. Thanks." Like school kids told it was time to leave the playground, the men lined up and paced out the door. Edward turned his focus back to the man that had stolen the stage.

With only Edward, her sisters, and Elizabeth left in the room, William's tongue loosened up.

"You guys are so predictable. You don't think we didn't anticipate a rescue attempt. Why do you think she was in the center of the park? If my men didn't get you at the garden then they will track you here. It's only a matter of time."

"If they could do that, wouldn't they have done it days ago?" Rebecca asked.

"Days ago we didn't a have tracing vessel." William glimpsed over at Elizabeth.

"What did you do to me?" Elizabeth attacked him but her sisters grabbed her around the waist to hold her back. "Let go; I am going to kill him."

"Calm sister. We need him for now." Rebecca grunted out as she wrapped Elizabeth in her arms. The wind outside whipped against the building and objects began to fall to the floor.

William let out an unnatural laugh stopping Elizabeth's fight. "Don't be upset witch. We had to fight magic with magic, but it was unnecessary. Between the maid and Edward, it was only a matter of time before we found you. Why can't you understand? Running from us is futile. We hold all of the power in this fight."

His words hit her like a brick wall. "He is right. Sisters, I am causing you to be in danger. I must leave."

"You stay with me. I will never let you go." Edward was calm despite the authority and irrefutable tone in his voice.