Chapter Seven

Mina awoke the next morning to Yuuga shaking her.

"It's past noon you know! You're supposed to be helping us tear down the tent!" She chided.

"Noon!?" Mina shot up. I missed my training, she thought worriedly. I absolutely have to learn magic soon! I won't let him trick me by teaching me nen instead!  The two woman continued outside towards the large group helping to tear down the tent.

"We really need your help since Hisoka-san left."

"What?" Mina stopped dead in her tracks.

"Oh... I thought you both would have discussed that yesterday."

"No! We... uh... were working out too hard to talk!" She began hyperventilating, her vision growing narrow. Yuuga continues quickly, trying to keep the subject light, seeing the distress Mina was about to be in.

"Uh-huh... Well his contract was up to be renewed and he chose not too, which reminds me! Yours is up soon too and I figured I wouldn't really need to confir--"

"So... h-he really left me?" Mina asked gently as tears swelled up in her eyes. Yuuga looked away and stepped back from her preemptively.

"He probably just forgot to tell you Mina! Maybe he'll come see the show next week! There's no need to cry, really! Please, Mina, stop crying, it'll be okay!" Yuuga was pleading with her, knowing what would happen next if she couldn't control her emotions.

"I wish... I wish..." Mina sobbed.

"No, Mina! Stop!" Seeing it was a lost cause, Yuuga issued a last command before chaos could ensue. "Everybody, stay silent: do not look at her, do not touch her, do not give her any reason to say your name." The circus crew fell silent and all that could be heard was the sobs of Mina and her voice crying out when she regained some control over her own vocal chords.

"I wish Gitta-kun was here!" Black aura flowing freely from Mina began to pool into a dark void on the ground in front of everyone. Holding their breaths, they dying to look at what was happening but knew that doing so meant risking their lives, or at the very least their nen. Slowly but surely a dirty arm seemingly made out of burlap reached out of the ground towards Mina. Another arm soon appeared, followed  by a grotesque and spine chilling head. It looked like a terrifying doll that had been possessed. And indeed, that was something similar to what it was. Lifting its whole self out of the ground, it stood only around three feet tall and had dark empty eyes and long black hair. It stumbled over towards Mina soundlessly.

"Morou-sama left me." She whispered to her creation. With that, it nodded and took off in order to find it's host. Thinking the worst was over, Yuuga gave a sigh of relief. However, it wasn't over.

"You." Mina looked at the girl from the day before, who was desparately avoiding eye contact. "You did this. You wanted to separate us. You said I was plain? Maybe I am, but," she began speaking in a sing-song voice, "I know how to make me pretty!" And with that, she rushed at an inhumane speed towards the girl, sharpening her nails with nen. Stopping right in front of her, Mina uttered two last words to the poor unfortunate soul: "Your blood" and with a shriek from all those watching, Mina sliced the girl up, leaving her mutilated and Mina covered in blood.

Finally, the worst really was over. Yuuga rushed over to Mina and cradled her, trying to soothe her. Nodding to everyone that it was safe to continue packing up and motioning for someone to take care of the body.

"Come with me Mina-chan. We can talk in my room and clean you up a little. Talk about what happened and how we can fix it this time." Not that that clown of a magician really deserves it. She thought to herself.