Chapter 28: I Love You, Butterfly

Ruby cautiously opened up the letter, fearful of what it would say. As her eyes slowly scanned the words, Chrollo watched her facial expressions change slowly.

"Wha? What? Chro-" she started to say after reading the paper, but she never finished the sentence.

Because he was kissing her.

Ruby was so shocked that she forgot to close her eyes or kiss back. Eyes wide, she just stared at him, taking in the moment.

Chrollo himself was shocked by his actions. He never knew he would be this brash about his feelings. Oh well. He finally found the courage to kiss her. Better enjoy the moment.

When he finally pulled away, he rested his forehead on hers and grinned goofily. Ruby did the same.

"I love you, Butterfly." He whispered, lightly kissing her forehead.

Ruby grinned even wider and threw her arms around his neck.

"I love you, too. Idiot." She said back, kissing his cheek.

Chrollo kissed her again, and this time, Ruby wasn't afraid to reply. She gripped his shirt and jerked him over towards her, deepening it even more. That action seemed to give him the extra boost of confidence that he needed. 

Ruby gasped lightly at the feeling of Chrollo's tongue over her lips, which gave him the perfect opportunity to push it in. 

They had a little tongue wrestle for a while, until Chrollo came out dominant, and explored every corner of her mouth. They both knew where this was going. Just as Ruby prepared herself for it, Chrollo suddenly stopped and laid backwards on the bed. 

Ruby was slightly confused at his actions, but laid down next to him. "Are you alright?" She asked, leaning up to look at him. She was shocked to see tears running down his face. He slowly sat up and pulled her to his chest.   

"I....I never thought that something like this could happen to me. Growing up in Meteor City, we were the outcasts of the outcasts. Never loved by anyone but ourselves. One of the main reasons why I started the Phantom Troupe was so that I could be around people like me. The ones who society forgot. But, we only were partners. Never more, never less. That's how it was for a while until....until." He said, crying even more. 

"Until what?" Ruby asked, pulling him closer. 

"Until you showed up." He said, slowly starting to trace his fingers over her head. Ruby's eyes widened. 

"When you came into my life, it's like you unlocked a whole new part of me that never used to exist. Ever since I first saw you, I had this strange feeling to protect you until death. No matter the cost. And when we touched, it was like electricity sparking my skin. I wanted nothing more than to see you smile, and to have you next to me. Until Machi pointed it out, I didn't know what this feeling was. You taught me to love, Butterfly. You taught me the truest and strongest emotion in life. For that, I owe my life to you." He finished, burying his face into her hair. Ruby sighed happily at his actions. 

"I didn't teach you anything. You figured that out yourself." She said, pulling him even closer. 

"Butterfly.....will you....stay with me forever, even if you're not an official member anymore?" He asked, looking up at the ceiling. 

"I'll stay with you forever and then some." She replied, eyelids slowly getting heavy. 

And they stayed like that for the rest of the night. Curled up. 

Together.   

Oh god that was awful. But, they're finally together!!!!

I'm sorry about the small wait, by the way. A few days ago, I cut my finger open making ramen, and it had to get glued back together. Since I had about 10 miles of gauze and a splint on my finger, I couldn't type at all. But, I'm feeling better now. Less like I'm going to die. 

Anyways, stay tuned, and thanks for all the reads!