Prologue

"Make a wish sweetheart!" Christine nodded, closed her eyes and made her wish. 'I wish this moment would last forever...oh and my angel of music would come visit me.' She then blew out her candles.

"Happy birthday Christine!" Everyone said in unison. It was Christine's tenth birthday and all of her closest friends and family were there. She felt happy, she had amazing friends and family.

"Okay Christine, close your eyes" she did so obediently. "Okay then open them up!"

She saw a box in front of her with pink paper wrapped around, and a pink bow nicely tied on top. She carefully tore it open and lifted to the box lid. What she saw made her gasp. It was vocal sheet music, to her favorite musicals and classical songs, and an even smaller box. She opened the smaller box and her reaction was the same. It was a silver heart shaped locket with a picture of her parents on one side and blank on the other.

"Oh thank you mom and dad, thank you so much." She took the necklace out of the box. Her father helped her put it on.

"You see darling, the other one is blank because we wanted you to fill it with whoever you wish. When the time is right." her father explained.

"Well thank you so much, for everything!" Christine said happily.

"My dear sweet child, will you sing for us?" her mother asked her.

"Oh yes please Christine, sing"

"We'd love to hear you." Everybody else said excitedly, beginning for her to sing. Christine had the most beautiful voice. Everybody knew with that voice, she would go far.

Christine agreed and went to the piano with one of her pages of sheet music. She started to play and sing.

Think of me, think of me fondly
When we've said goodbye
Remember me once in a while
Please promise me, you'll try

When you'll find that once again you long
To take your heart back and be free
If you'll ever find a moment
Spare a thought for me

We never said our love was evergreen
Or as unchanging as the sea
But if you can still remember
Stop and think of me

Think of all the things
We've shared and seen
Don't think about the way
Things might have been

Think of me, think of me waking
Silent and resigned
Imagine me trying too hard
To put you from my mind

Recall those days, look back on all those times
Think of those things we'll never do
There will never be a day
When I won't think of you

Flowers fade, the fruits of summer fade
They have their seasons, so do we
But please promise me that sometimes
You will think of me

When she was done everyone clapped. Christine blushed a little, not being able to take compliments like that, or of that fashion, very well. But it was a happy moment.

And then that moment ended.

one week later

"Is this Christine Daae?"

"Y-yes, what's going on?"

"Your parents have been in a terrible car accident and well, I'm sorry Christine."

Christine dropped the phone, fell on the floor and cried out. Grasping her locket tightly.

"Oh, save me, my Angel of music, please." She cried out, then softly whispered

"Save me, my angel."