Chapter 9

SUPER SORRY FOR THE LONG WAITED UPDATE!!! I was debating whether or not to keep continuing this story or not. Again I'm really sorry. I'm still not sure. But here's something for ya'll in the meantime.

Christine's POV

Everything seemed a blur. Mrs Giry was to be taken to the hospital. We hope we got her in there just in time. But we won't know for sure. She had been poisoned badly and beaten up to death. Barley breathing. Meg and I refused to go back to school for a week. But soon after, Erik convinced us both to go back. Meg wasn't so sure but she agreed. I took a bit more time. Thinking this was all my fault. Which it was.

But Erik wouldn't give up on me. He kept going on soon convinced me. When we came back at school, people found out and where being nice. Some more nice than others. But we didn't care. Everybody was looking at me strangly. Especially around lunchtime. We got into the cafeteria and everybody tried to hide their laughter from me.

Carlotta came up to me and handed me a picture. "So it is true. The little innocent Daae ain't so innocent anymore. What a slut-whore." Everybody started laughing.

The picture was a photoshopped picture of me that somebody took of me on stage. It was just my face, on a very revealing womanly body. Her butt and breats were enhanced. She was wearing revealing bikini, if that ever was possible. And apperently it was. Right next to it said  'Slutt Daae'.

I couldn't breathe. Everybody was laughing at me and I couldn't see or hear anything excpet the sounds of there laughter, my beating heart, and my heavy breathing. Raoul came up and put his arm around me. I couldn't move.

"Hey everybody! Stop!" Everybody stopped laughing. I felt a bit better, but was confused. "Slut is spelled with one 't' not two!" Everybody laughed again. Pointing at me. Giving me dirty looks. I was on the brink of tears. I ran out of the cafeteria and into the hallway. I just got past the door when I bumped into someone.

"Woah, woah Christine." I realized it was Erik. He held me fast from running away and grabbed the picture from my hand. Looking at it then me. He embraced me. "It's alright, it's going to be alright." He then snapped his fingers and the cafeteria lights went out. He then dissappeared and I ran back into the cafeteria. He appeared in the middle table near Carlotta.

"It's the Ghost!!!!!!" Everybody screamed. He grabbed Carlotta and when everything went dark, you can only hear a few noises of pain. The lights came back on and he was gone. Carlotta was on the table. Her arm was covered in blood. It wrote in the cuts 'You're next'. She fainted. I noticed out of the corner of my eye, Raoul with a black eye and bloody nose.

I ran out because some people kept staring at me. Erik then took me out of the school and took me behind a tree. I cried on him and he stroked my hair. "It's Alright Christine, their animals alright? No, there poison. I'll take you home." I nodded and I started walking but I stumbled and fell into his arms. He carried me into his arms and walked me home.

Meg came behind me with a bruised hand. "Sorry I just had to punch Raoul for saying that. I'm walking home with you." I smiled at her and we all came home.