Chapter Five

"Wayne..." I whispered softly, nuzzling his neck as he laid nude beside me. "Wayne, baby, wake up."

"What's wrong?" He asked with a groggily, concerned voice.

"I can't sleep." I whispered back, quiet not to wake the triplets as Wayne laid next to me with his arm thrown over my waist.

I was surprisingly comfortable and while I didn't want to compare Wayne to Barry, Barry was always so much more warmer and bigger so he engulfed me completely when he held me close to him. I snuggled into Wayne's side a little more, completely nude as well as I gently ran my hand up and down his chest, I wanted to be excited that I had a man but truth be told, I loved the single life more. Wayne's and I relationship was unhealthy and even knowing that, I still wanted to be around him as a friend but I felt terrible every time I thought about breaking up with him. I felt my stomach flutter as I closed my eyes and cursed myself for letting Wayne cum inside of me, that was dumb but I was so caught in the moment that I didn't think twice, it had been forever since someone held me, kissed me, and told me they loved me. I smiled up at Wayne while remembering his instructions, he told me to just relax and let whatever happen... happen and that was what I was going to do with this relationship: relax and let everything fall into place. I closed my eyes as I attempted to dose off but it was useless, Wayne was once more snoring in my ear as he slept heavily from his workout, I'm not an easy person to please and I guess he's found that out now. I kept my eyes closed as I gently pecked his chin before burying my face into his arm as he rolled to lay half of his body on top of mine, and that was way it was always so hard to get up the next morning because he always refused to move and let me go release my bladder. I stared at the ceiling, debating if I was ready for a relationship because this was so surreal that I didn't want to believe I was dating another man, I didn't want to believe that I gave up on Barry, I didn't want to believe that I betrayed Barry. Even if he betrayed me first, I still felt terrible that I was scared to give up on him and let go what could be, what if he decided to stay and be with me instead of going after her? Would that mean I would have to break up with Wayne to be with Barry or would I have to reject Barry's wishes, definitely with him being future Alpha and his wolf merging. While his wolf merging would be a good thing, it was going to have him hospitalized for a while, it'll be weeks before he's able to stand up with out toppling over or even take a step, he's pretty much useless and he knew it. I continued to stare at the ceiling wide awake, I was happy the triplets were asleep because they would have Wayne grumpy otherwise, and he's not fun when he's grumpy. Closing my eyes, I tried to fall asleep once more but it was a useless cause because I wasn't tired, I was restless but not tired and that's a pain in the ass. I was thankful when Wayne rolled off of me, giving me the ability to move as I sat up and moved to the end of the bed while still completely naked, I got up and cautiously walked to my clothes. I slipped my shirt over my head and glanced behind me as I heard Wayne shift on the bed, I then bit my lip as I slowly pulled my pants up and felt a little pain in the rectal area, it was normal after Wayne's rough sex. Dressed, I quietly walked out of the hut and plopped down on the porch, the cold crisp air chilled my bones immediately and made me feel a little better as I stared at the trees encasing the werewolf village I called home now. I could return home, I could leave all of this behind me but what was the point of that when I traveled this far to find it, I traveled through many trees and over many rivers to find Barry so he could be in the triplets lives but what's the point now? Maybe Wayne would understand, maybe Wayne would want to come with me and we can start our life elsewhere... Abbigail had did the same thing, couldn't we? That was nonsense, I was asking Wayne to go rogue with me just when the pack was starting to accept him as a member, he was growing closer with the others everyday and while Alexander and Francis were a little skeptic about him, they accepted him and that made me very happy. I loved Wayne... but was I in love with him? I sighed as I bit on my lip nervously, how could I explain to Wayne that I wasn't in love with him but I did love him, that would be too confusing and he'd probably punch me in the throat. Not that he's ever done it before but there's still more space and opportunity the more days we spend together, his attitude was growing worse and my patience was growing thin. It humiliates me when Wayne can't control his anger and does something stupid like cussing out a higher rank or destroy someone else's property. I sighed loudly and watched as my breath came out like a tiny cloud and wavered in the air, the peace was welcoming and while I was hoping for a longer break, I knew Wayne woke up in the middle of the night and will grow anxious if I'm not by his side. I got to my feet and took in the night sky one last time, the stars twinkled as the wind twisted through the village trees, I smiled lightly before turning and walking back into Wayne's and I home, shutting the door behind me. I carefully climbed in bed as Wayne rolled to face me and threw his arm over my side while snuggling his face into my hair, it made me smile as I closed my eyes and found it easy to dose off for once.