Chapter twenty-five

Lilly's POV-

It had been two days since Bryan and I's blow up, and lets just say that he's still avoiding me like the plague. After talking to both Gabe and James, I was prepared to put all of this behind us and get back my BFF. So when Margret text me Wednesday afternoon saying Bryan was coming in for her I was overjoyed.  He had no place to run now...

My two part-timers were working hard in he dinning room and front counter, while I got caught up on Gabby's baby shower cake. Her theme was Monkeys, so it was my job to make a baby monkey cake. Things were going pretty good, I had finished all of the carving and was now dirty icing the cake layers.

"Is that Gabby's baby shower cake?" Bryan asked startling me.

"Yup the shower is in a couple of days." I answered as my heart went a mile a minute. This was the first time Bryan had willingly spoken to me in days.

When Bryan put his apron on and went right to work. I knew it would be my job to start this much needed conversation.

"This isn't like us Bryan, what's going on?" I asked watching Bryan, he seemed to be focusing completely on his task and not really paying attention.

"I no this isn't like us Lil, but I feel so damn lost right now." Bryan answered still not looking at me.

"What do you mean Bry? Talk to me, I've already talked to James but I want to hear how your feeling about all of this."

"You know about that?" Bryan asked finally looking me in the eye. 

"Ya, and I no you were really looking forward to him coming home."

" I was. I've gotten use to him being gone, but this time around I feel so fucking lonely, Every night coming home to an empty house and an even colder bed. I'm just tired of being alone all the damn time. And I guess I took it all out on you when I saw that you were getting closer with Gabe. I felt even more alone, because it seemed like you were always there for me when I need you, but this time around you had Gabe and I felt even more alone. And don't get me wrong I'm happy your happy, and I really like Gabe. But I cant help feeling..."

"Neglected?" I supplied.

"Ya, I guess you could say that. You and Margret have your guys and I just feel like I don't fit in anymore. And I feel like an ass for feeling like this." Bryan had tears falling from his eyes at this point.

I couldn't believe he felt all of this and didn't think to say something to me or Margret before we all got to this point. I just wanted to wrap my arms around him and tell him that everything would be alright, and I was never going to just leave him high and dry.

"Don't feel like an ass. You have every right to feel lonely Bry. James being gone effects us all in different ways, and I know your happy for me right now. But you really should have come to me or Margret when you started to feel like this, its not healthy to keep all of this crap bottled up." I said hugging him tight.

"I no, I've acted like an complete foul over the last few weeks." Bryan said.

"You have but I love you enough to look past that. I just want my Bry-Bry back." I was crying at this point as well.

"Thanks Lil, and I love you too." Bryan said hugging me even tighter.

"I think I have an idea for your coming home to an empty house every night until James comes state side at least." I said as we pulled apart and got back to work.

"Forget it I'm not taking Baby Joey!" Bryan yelled as he started to decorated an order of chocolate cup cakes.

"Shut up that wasn't what I was going to say ass!"