synopsis

❝ We crave what we can't have. ❞

Description

(Y/N) Chevalier, was her name. She had a contagious smile, a sparkle in her eyes, and her laugh was like a song. She loved the little things in life, and she noticed every small detail. The way she spoke about her passions, her eyes lit up. Most importantly, she was sweet to everyone, regardless of who they are or where they came from.

Then, there was Draco Malfoy. He wore the famous smirk, emptiness in his eyes, and his voice was cold. He never paid attention to anything, and always saw the glass half empty. He always kept his passions a secret, afraid it would show his weaknesses and downfall. The boy was bitter to many, because of who they were or where they came from.

In the eyes of many, she was his complete opposite of personality, but that's the exact reason why he fell for her charm. After all, opposites do attract. She was perfect, and far too kind to hate. There was absolutely nothing wrong with her.

Except for the fact that she's taken.

years 5+

//bittersweet; defined as arousing pleasure tinged with sadness or pain.

Author's Note

this author's note is really long, because it is the only author's note you'll ever see after this chapter. i hate writing author's notes within chapters, because it interrupts the flow of writing and takes up wording space. so i'm going to be explaining everything that i would normally explain if i were to write author's notes in the chapters. don't worry, there's no spoilers.

for the story, i really want you to know that this story, to the best of my ability, will not be made into a cliche. at some points it may seem like the idea of "opposites attract" is overdone, but it really is a great concept and i'm expanding on it in my own way. you don't have to worry about it being totally unrealistic like most stories... which leads me to the next topic.

reader character is not a mary-sue! meaning, she's not a perfect, little unrealistic brat. the description says that draco thinks she's perfect for him. i just don't want to disinterest you guys with that kind of description. everybody has flaws, even the reader.

sometimes it may appear that someone in the book is out of character, but i am going to promise you that it will make sense as to why they did or said something and that they are not out of character. i'm particularly talking about draco malfoy.

in this story, you may think of me as a hypocrite for saying all of these things. but just remember all of the little details i write and then you'll know why and how draco became a certain way or said something that normally the draco we know wouldn't say. but you have to remember everything we learned about draco from the film or books. it is no spoiler that he is lonely and sensitive, and his personality has been shaped by his father. this book explains in depth what the books and movies didn't. so he will not be out of character, as much as you think he is.

just know that draco is a very complex character, and that the harry potter movies and books were always in harry potter's perspective. we never really saw draco's personal life and complete thought process. but what we do know is that his father is a big influence on him, and many would say that lucius is the reason why draco grew to be... who he is.

this is just extremely important to know and keep in mind for when you actually read the story, because i honestly can't stress it enough. draco may seem out of character but he is not.

leave it to me to show, not tell...

also, i have given a default last name because it is so much easier to write with. there may be other defaults too, like mother and father names. i just hate repeating something like "(Y/M/N)" for your mom, it's really time consuming. if you don't really want to read the story because of something like that, i don't know what to tell you man.

also, it might be helpful to know that this book is an AU. this means that all the events surrounding the boy who lived DID NOT HAPPEN! this is different than most stories and i hope you appreciated this more than hate it!

but if you do hate this idea, please give it a chance.

lastly, if you enjoy any of my chapters or have feedback, please consider voting and commenting! it is great motivation for me and i love reading your comments.

Playlist

check next part bro

enjoy!