Chapter one

•{Vaughn's POV}•

"Vaughn! You're going to be late for school!"

"Shit!" I shouted, jumping off my bed and grabbing my backpack. I ran to the stairs, but tripped and tumbled down them.

"Vaughn, are you okay?" My mom asked, leaning over me with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm fine. I'm ready to go," I insisted. My mom rolled her eyes.

"You're not dressed."

I looked down, seeing I'm still in my pajamas. I exhaled hard and ran back upstairs, quickly changing into a pair of jeens and a Pokemon t-shirt with a red flannel over it.

I ran back downstairs, being extremely careful not to trip.

"Get something to eat before you go," mom ordered. I shook my head, waving a five dollar bill around.

"I'll buy an apple when I get there."

I left the house, marching down the street to the bus.

I plugged in my headphones and slipped them on, turning on some Panic! for the drive to school.

...

I sat in my English class, a smile on my face as I drew a silly comic in my notebook. I heard a laugh over my shoulder and turned around at lightening speed.

"Sorry, i didn't mean to scare you," the owner of the voice giggled. It was a girl, with curly red hair and a small frame. Her green eyes glimmered at me as they flickered down to look at the notebook again. "Do you write these often?"

"No, it's just a way to pass time," I replied simply. I turned around in my chair to address her. "Have I met you?"

"Guess not. I'm Honor."

"Vaughn." I stuck my hand out for her to shake. Honor smirked, shaking my hand gently. Just as she released my hand, she grabbed my notebook and began to flip through it.

"You have a lot of these," she commented.

"I have a lot of free time," I chuckled. Honor rolled her eyes playfully.

"Are all of these funny, or do you write serious ones too?"

I shrugged, "It all depends on the mood I'm in, I guess. There should be some serious ones in there somewhere."

Honor hummed, reading one of the comics and looking like she's in deep thought.

"Hey, these are really cool," she complimented. I smiled proudly. "Would you like to sit with me and my friends at lunch? I'd love to show them this, I feel like they'd be fascinated."

My grin widened and I blushed, but I tried to keep my cool. "That's okay, you can just take it if you want."

"No, I want you to come! Besides, I can't take this! This is too cool for you to just give away!"

I laughed lightly, nodding. "Okay, fine. But mind you, I'm not as interesting as those comics are."

Honor laughed, handing me back the notebook. "I'm sure that isn't true."

On that que, the class begun.

...

Lunch rolled around and I stepped into the lunch room. I didn't know where to go, because I didn't see Honor as I scanned the cafeteria.

Finally, I saw her. She ran toward me with a smile, sending her curly red hair flying behind her.

"Vaughn! Nice timing, I was just telling everyone about your awesome comics! They basically already love you."

She pulled me over to her table, sitting me down beside her.

"Everyone, this is Vaughn!" She announced. They're were chattering "hello's" around the table. "Vaughn, this is Cara, Lacey, Theo and Chase." Honor gestured around the table, pointing to each person as she said their name.

I smiled and gave a tiny wave around the table.

"So, Vaughn," Cara began. She had short, bobbed blond hair and deep blue eyes. She wore a black and white striped shirt with light, faded cover alls over it. Her smile was light, comfortable. "Honor tells us you write comics?"

"Uh, yes, I do," I mumbled, feeling slightly overwhelmed. I kept my smile though, making sure Honor's friends didn't think I was uncomfortable with them. "I can show you if you'd like."

Cara nodded enthusiastically. I dug through my backpack, finding my notebook quickly. I passed it across the table to Cara. She opens to the first page and begins to read, ignoring Theo and Lacey as they lean over her shoulder.

Lacey was a brunette, which made me interested about how the three girls had different hair colours. Her eyes were light blue, unlike Cara's, who's eyes were so dark that from afar you'd think they were black. Lacey wore a pink sweater that came down past her hands, with a pair of black leggings.

Theo was bright. He had light blond hair, almost white, so you could tell he bleached it. He wore a white t-shirt with a blue sweater unbuttoned over it, along with a pair of soft coloured skinny jeans. His eyes were grey, hidden behind a pair of large round glasses.

The three laughed and smiled at the comic. They spent the whole lunch reading them all, meanwhile, Chase didn't even look in my direction. He stared out the window blankly, picking at his food as if it was poisoned. I watched him curiously, determined to speak to him...

Eventually.

(A/N: what do you think of the first chapter? Not too bad I hope...

Leave feedback if you see fit, and I hope you enjoy?)