Karin

Title:
Karin

Author:
BlackenedLight

World:
Shinobi World

Theme:
In which Karin finally learns to give up on Sasuke.

Disclaimer:
I don't own Naruto, Kishimoto does

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto, Kishimoto does

-X-

Karin Uzumaki has been alone ever since she was a child. Her family had been killed because of their peculiar abilities.

Despite all of her misery, she fell in love.

She first saw him in the chuunin exams in the forest of death. He saved her from a wild bear that almost got her killed.

She fell in love with him the moment she saw him smile at her. At that moment, he became her inspiration to live.

She learned that his name was Sasuke Uchiha. He came from a prestigious clan that was wiped out by his older brother that now resides in Akatsuki, Itachi Uchiha.

Years flew by and not a single sign of the boy that she loves. But Karin was still waiting and that moment came.

When she first saw him again, she felt her heart dropped. His chakra that was once warm, was now very cold. But still, her heart still yearns for him and she was very happy when he asked her to be a part of his group. She thought that this was the first step for them to get closer and eventually, be together.

But that flicker of hope died when he didn't think twice about killing her. In that moment, Karin knew that she has no place in Sasuke's heart. The boy she saw years ago, was dead and she doesn't know who this man was anymore.

Karin lived that day because of a pink-haired medic. Karin envied her when she found out that she was a part of Sasuke's original team back in Konoha. But she was thankful that she saved her life and Karin considered her as a friend.

The war has began and Sasuke apologised to her. Her heart fluttered when he said his sorry and Karin was once again stuck in his spell.

And once again, a flicker of hope resides in her heart that maybe, just maybe, Sasuke do love her.

But she lost that hope, once again, when she heard the news.

Sasuke was already married.

She felt her heart dropped and the oxygen inside of her was taken. She cried and cried and cried. She knew she only wants Sasuke to be happy and eventually, he attained it. She knew that Sasuke wouldn't marry someone if he doesn't love the woman.

She vowed to herself that she will get over him and she eventually, did.

Much to Karin's surprise, Sasuke came one night in the hideout that she was currently working in. He was still as handsome as she last saw him.

He asked for her help on something and she hated the way her heart was beating very fast.

But she was more than surprised by the next words that came out from his mouth.

"My wife will give birth. Please, Karin, you're the only one who could help us."

Karin felt her head throbbed and her heart dropped. Pregnant? Wife? Help her?

When she looked at Sasuke's eyes, she was surprised to see many emotions swirling in those onyx pair. 'Worry, Excitement, and Love'

And Karin knew it wasn't for her.

She felt her mind went numb when she saw the pink-haired pregnant woman laying on the bed in one of the rooms. This was the same woman who saved her a few years ago when she was in the brink of death. This woman was Sasuke's teammate when he was still in Konoha.

She saw how Sasuke's eyes were worried for her and how his right hand clutched her hand so tight. The girl smiled weakly at him and placed her right hand in his cheek. She watched as Sasuke kissed her forehead while muttering some incoherent words.

Karin smiled bitterly. So this was the woman Sasuke married? This was the woman Sasuke loves?

That night, Karin helped Sakura Uchiha, Sasuke's wife, to give birth to a beautiful baby girl. Karin watched as Sasuke kissed Sakura's forehead again and approached her.

"Karin, thank you."

He said and smiled at her. Karin huffs as she gave him their newborn baby. She watched as Sasuke's face was etched with happiness as he gazed at his daughter.

She watched as the family gazed upon their newborn baby and smiled.

'Suigetsu.'

And at that moment, Karin knew that all along, her love for Sasuke, will never be returned. Because he loves someone else. He had a family now.

'All along, you were right.'

She wants him to be happy and she knew that she will always support him.

Because now, Karin knew she still loves him.

But only as a friend.

|Fin|