4. Barefoot Cinderella

Lana's P.O.V.

Although I was still sick, I went to school that next day. I was fine enough to go, or so I thought. Actually, the main reason was my excitement; I wanted to see Eva and plan how to torture my step-brother. I could have waited until after school and she would come and visit, but I couldn't.

"What are you doing here?" Eva asked when she saw me at the morning.

I rolled my eyes, "I told you I'm coming."

"And I told you it's not worth it." She retorted back, "Lana, don't get carried away, this mission needs patience." She told me as if explaining to a kid.

I groaned with a pout. "You are no fun anymore."

"Just be patient, dear. God, you're naïve." She rolled her eyes.

"Fine, I'll be patient here."

"Whatever, darling." She said wrapping her arm around my shoulder.

Eva had to wear high-heeled shoes to make herself taller, the thing is that she actually got too attached to heels that she never wear anything else anymore, sometimes she gets them too high that she becomes even taller than me. But it does suit her and her whole style really compliments her beauty, whether she's wearing one of her short flow skirts or her ripped light-colored jeans, whatever she wears it manages to bring out her green eyes and go in harmony with her long black hair.

"So, what are we going to do?"

"We are going to send just one teasing message. But, not now, let him think it was just a lame try and is over now."

"I like the way you're thinking."

She sighed, "What can I say? I'm genius."

I rolled my eyes at her so-called modesty and followed her to the first class.

All through the first classes, I wasn't able to concentrate, I spaced off a lot, either thinking about the 'teasing message' or my dizziness. I realized I shouldn't have left the warmth of my bed today. So, when lunch break came I was more than happy.

I walked the hallway looking like a zombie heading to the cafeteria where I should meet Eva. I finally made it there and went to an empty table since our usual one was taken, and just when I was about to sit down, I saw a human grenade coming my way – or that's how my tired mind made it look to me causing me to freak out and let out a scared squeal making people around laugh at me.

It turned out to be no one but Eva.

"Come on, idiot." She said ignoring my little scandal, and taking my hand pulling me away.

"What? I was just about to sit down."

"Yeah, you'll do that later. Come with me now." She said and I groaned following her.

"Slow down," I complained at her speed, that I wasn't capable to keep up with right now. "Where are we going anyway?"

"The school play is announced, and we are going to apply." She told me and I gathered he strength in me and pulled her to stop and she faced me, "What?"

"Who told you I want to apply?"

"Um... you!"

"Really? When did those words leave my mouth?"

She rolled her eyes, "Well, not exactly. But, it was implied." She said and I raised an eyebrow at her so she continued, "You told me you used to be in your old school's plays and you loved acting."

"Yes, but-"

"But, you are being too shy around this school full of rich kids." She said the truth. "Lana, wake up. You are rich too. And even if not, you have nothing to be shy about, you are beautiful, smart and talented, quit being insecure for no reason."