Chapter 1

Orion

Where is she?  Where is Mira? Why hasn't she come yet? I sit at the ponds edge waiting for her, but yet she doesn't come. I wait and wait, as days fade into years I finally lose grip of my last piece of sanity. I begin to fill with anger and rage instead of loneliness and sorrow. I shift forms to become a monster, I sprint out of the woods and into the village where she lives. I run through destroying the gate around the village, I look for her  but she is nowhere in sight. I shift forms again so that I may speak to the village people.

I turn to the closet villager and say harshly, "Where has Mira gone?" The villager looks terrified and asks in a meek voice,

"D...do you mean the Princess, she... uh left many years ago". After I hear that many different questions and emotions flood into my head. Why did she leave without telling me? Why didn't she tell me she was a princess? The villager speaks up gaining some courage after seeing the frustrated look on my face, "She will be crowned Queen in a few days, because she has come of age... I suggest leaving now, so run as fast as your feet will take you to the kingdom in Galdega, I wish you luck". The villager gives me a weak smile, then I changed forms and start heading for Galdega. Nothing will stand in my way.

                                                                                                  Mira

Today is supposed to a happy occasion; it's my coronation to become Queen, but the only thing I feel is dread.

"Your Highness are you ready for the rehearsal crowning" asks Sebastian my royal assistant.

"Yes, let's hurry this along". After a brief break down of what will happen it's time for the real thing, so I had to plaster the biggest smile I could muster to hide my feelings of despair.

My step mother and soon to be former Queen speaks in place of my Father who passed away recently "Today is a joyous occasion our darling princess has come of age and will be crowned the new Queen of Galdega, and I believe your Father would be so proud of you and that he is with us here today". The citizens below cheer as she finishes her speech, I smile and nod to her so everyone thinks that I actually care... when I truly don't.

"Thank you your Highness let us begin the ceremony" the Priest says and raises both arms in the air the gathered crowd beneath us starts to cheer louder. After about an hour of me swearing to my duties of being Queen and that I will do everything in my power and more to make sure this country is prosperpus. It ended with the Priest saying "Now I declare you, Queen Mira of Galdega ". I courtesy so the Priest may place the crown onto my head then I straighten back up and smile, wave, anf blow kisses to the crowd. They all cheer and applauded, for I am their new Queen. I walk back into the palace feeling drained.

I let out a heavy sigh and say to Sebastian "I'll be retiring to my chambers for the rest of the night please leave me be till morning ".

Sebastian praises me, "Yes milady, please feel free to call on me if you require anything". I walk back to my room, take my crown off and put it away in its case and plop down my bed. I start to think to myself as I lay in my bed. Why am I so sad, I got crowned Queen and I turned 21, yet I  am sadden by this day? I ask my self this while getting a nagging feel that I've forgotten something, something important. I always feel this way on my birthday, but why? After a little while of laying on my bed I drift off to sleep. I wake up screaming in the middle of the night unable to remember the nightmare, only to remember the anguish and pain I felt . After a short while of not being able to fall back asleep I decide to change my clothes so that I'm wearing something more suitable for a late night excursion. I put my boots on and strap my sword to my waist just in case something happens while I take my "little stroll", then I sneak out of the palace.