Chapter 2

Orion

It's been 2 days since I've started my journey to Galdega and I'm almost there I can see the castles outline in the distance. Along the way I've been having to take care of... obstacles, but I couldn't just let the soldiers slow me down and eventually kill me. When I get to the outskirts of the castle I stop to let the soldiers catch up to finish them off, when I feel a sudden sharp pain in my hind leg.

"Shit" I huff under my breath. I guess I hadn't realized it since I was too focused on running, but my leg had been peirced with an arrow. I start to run for cover, but since my leg is hurt I don't run as fast so the soldiers manage to catch up and surround me, I'm trapped. When out of nowhere a figure leaps over from behind my head and lands in between the soldiers and me.

One soldies speaks up stuttering his first words "P... Princess, what are you doing here?" The figure in front of me now starts to become clearer amd looks like a young woman. Suddenly she reaches for her sword and I begin to tense up, but to my surprise she points it at the soldiers instead of me.

"Where you going to hurt this poor defenseless creature" she screams her body slighty shaking. I'm starting to become extremely confused by her since she's defending me, but I doubt she knows how many I have killed.

This one soldier which I assume is the General due to his nicer armor and long red cape hanging off of it says to the woman "M...Mira you don't understand he has killed so many, please be careful don't get any vloser to it" he says with a concerned look on his face. Wait... Mira is it really her! "I bet you have killed many more and it's Queen Mira to you" she says with angry resonating in her voice.

"My apologizes your majesty" he says and bows his head. "Leave, I will deal with him" she says and turns to me, but as I look stare into her eyes only thing I see is sadness.

She takes a step forward and asks "Are you okay?" She doesn't remember me, how? This can't be the Mira I know, I start to growl at her and think... what has happened to my Mira?

Mira

The creature starts to growl at me which take me aback, but I say to him softly "Shhh you're okay now".

After I tell him it's okay I decide to put my sword down amd show him I mean no harm, after that I noticed that he begins to relax.

"I'm Mira you're going to be okay now I won't let anything bad happen to you, I promise" I tell the beautiful silver fox and take another step forward with my hand stretched out in hopes of touching him.

He responds much to my surprise "Don't make promises you can't keep" he voice is drenched in anger, but I could feel a great deal of sadness behind his words that just breaks my heart.

"Please don't say that, at the very least let me tebd to your wounds if you don't mind me helping" I tell him with a worried look. He is a spirit fox, they are such beautiful creatures, but why does this feel... familiar. "What is your name?" I ask him.

"You don't remember?" he says with shock, and anguish that is quite chilling.

Confused I ask "What do you mean?".

"Never mind that, it's Orion" he says quickly changing the subject.

I give him smile and ask "Is it true that you change forms, if you could it'll make it easier to sneak you into the palace". Orion thinks about it for a second, then suddenly he's enveloped in warm light and changes into his human like from which is takes my breath away. "Wow you're so handsome" I couldn't help saying so, suddenly extremely embarrassed and flustered I stutter "Th...thank you, the palace isn't too far from here can you walk okay and if not I'll gladly help you" I tell Orion turning away slightly so he doesn't notice me blushing.

"I'm fine, but can we please start going" he says a little annoyed.

"Okay, follow me" I say then pick up my sword and put it pack in its sheath and start walking. When we arrive I sneak him into the palace and to my room and have him sit on the sofa.

"Stay here Orion I need to get some supplies I will be right back, will you be okay?" I ask. He nods in response and I quietly leave my room to gather the medical supplies I need. As I walk down the hall I ponder as to why his name feels so... familiar.