One

Ashton's POV:

Hi ho, Off to work we go.

I really should stop singing Disney songs to myself. Maybe I should let it go

Ashton Irwin- Stop, your not 5 years old!

I reluctantly was sitting in Calum's office, going through the paperwork of today's checkups.

Lorraine Christ

Frederick Slopes

Abigail Smithers

Names could give away different perceptions of people. Abigail, Lorraine, Frederick- all completely normal names. But again, your wrong, They're all bonkers, mad, crazy, lost their marbles. Whatever you wanna say.

"Ashton?" Calum piped up, sticking his head in the doorway.

"Yes Dr Hood?" I answered, sitting upright in my chair.

"What are you doing here? Everyone's at the cafeteria to see the new patient" Calum laughed, exiting the room.

New patient? Calum must only be excited if we're working on her.

I made my way down the hall and into the cafeteria where there was the reception doors and lots of tables where patients could play board games and eat.

A rather small crowd had gathered that mainly consisted of doctors and nurses since patients weren't allowed out yet.

Suddenly the reception doors open and a broad man in a black suit walked in, pushing a small girl along with him. She had bright blue hair, brown eyes and a cute smile. She didn't look crazy at all, in fact she looked like me. Bubbly and sane, but if she's here then she's insane.

"I'll take her from here" Calum walked forward, gripping the girls arm.

The girl shook his arm away and frowned "I'm not some wild animal"

Feisty too.

I joined Calum and walked her down the corridor and into Ward B where Calum's and i's office was. She was Rm. 27.B

"Ashton" Calum nodded seriously "I've decided to let you be in charge of this girl- if you get her to improve massively you'll get a promotion"

A promotion? I carefully looked into the room where she was sitting with her back against the wall staring a her pure white bed.

"Sure Dr Hood" I nodded eagerly.

"Great man Irwin" Calum smiled "You have 15 minutes before we check up so you might as well get to know her"

Calum left me alone with the door open and a bright-blue haired girl. This is going to be interesting.

I walked in carefully, being sure not to be too loud. The girl snapped her head up to stare at me.

"Hi, Im Ashton" I smiled cheekily, stretching out a eager hand.

"Nice to meet you Ashton" The girl smiled, shaking my hand.

I walked over to the end of her bed where half of her results were filled in since she hasn't been check-upped.

I ran though all her mental illnesses, scanning quickly.

Voices in head

Serve fear of 'someone's coming'

At EMA Due: After a serve panic attack in mall

(EMA= Eden Mental Asylum)

What really confused me was that the words 'someone's coming' meant that either they didn't know or they too were scared of that someone.

"What does it mean someone's coming?" I looked to her.

"He's coming and I know- the voices told me" She sighed.

Okay, now I see why she's here, she's crazy.

"Don't look at me like that" The girl scowled "I don't mean to be crazy- it's just started happen-"

She cut herself quickly, looking away to the small, rectangular window at the top of the room.

"How about we chat, get to know each other?" I suggested, sitting on her uncomfortable bed.

"But you have to do a checkup in less than 5 minutes" She nodded.

I looked down to my watch. Damn, I do! I smiled to her sincerely before dashing to the door and locking her inside before racing to the small medical room in Calum's and I's office.

-

"Okay Abigail, how are you feeling?" I asked, summing up the last checkup.

She simply did a ear piercing scream and hopped off the bench. I winced at the loudness and let her go out.

"Thank God- Ashton go grab the 23.B girl and take her to the cafeteria" Calum nodded, writing notes down.

I made my way down the corridor and up to Room 23.B. I couldn't see the girl through the small window. I slowly walked in, closing the door behind me.

"Welcome bak to my hell Ashton" She smirked.

She was against the wall on the other side, smirking to herself. Her pure white one suit made her blue hair stand out majorly, it was quite funny.

"It's food time" I announced, waiting for her at the door.

I lead the way into the cafeteria. I looked back to her and she was smiling in the direction of the back wall. A guy with, I have to admit, the coolest hair ever. it was blonde and he was quite tall with broad shoulders.

The girl began to leave in the direction of the guy. But I grabbed her shoulder eagerly.

"Wait" I mumbled "Whats your name?"

"Avery, Avery James"