Chapter 23

Jasmine's POV

Kathy and Carter share the room that's on the top floor, the twins and Jace took over the middle floor and I chose the room on the ground level because it had the best view of the sea from the balcony. 

I was getting ready in the morning for my first day of highschool. I heard the doorbell. Wondering who it could be at this hour, I opened the door. It was Tyler! He was out all summer so I hadn't seen him in a long while. I screamed in excitement as he lifted me off of the ground. Next thing I knew, I was on the floor with Jacob sitting on top of Tyler ready to punch. 

"NOOO... WAIT!" I screamed. Jacob turned around. 

"That's my friend Tyler... he's Chris' younger brother. You know Chris, don't you?" after two very awkward moments of silence, Jacob got off of Tyler and helped him up. By then, the rest of the family was on the stairs. 

"What's going on?" Kathy demanded.

"Jazz, you have GOT to stop screaming for everything. I thought he was attacking you or something. Sorry dude didn't know you were a friend of hers..."  he said putting his hand out for a handshake, "...I'm Jacob." Jacob said squeezing his hand a little tighter than necessary.

"Umm... Tyler. Nice to meet you too." he said relieving his hand.

"JAKE!" I said grabbing Tyler's hand and taking him to the kitchen. I assumed everyone else went back to doing whatever they were doing before the little scene. 

"Wow, that was... interesting." Tyler said.

"Aww... sorry! There was just Jace and Carter earlier but now there's Jacob and Max too. How come you haven't met them?" I asked.

"Ohh maybe because your brother never comes over without an invite!? Plus, I was out all summer remember? I've heard Chris mention Jacob and Max... they're twins right?" He asked.

"Yeah. If you met them separately you'd think they're one person suffering from a split personality disorder." I said jokingly. "Anyways, would you like to eat or drink something? I'm making waffles for myself." I was saying while Jace, Jake and Max came into the room. 

"Can you make me a couple sunshine?" Jace asked. 

"Take these, I'll just make myself some more." I said passing him the plate. Kathy and Carter joined us too now. 

"Hey Carter... and this must be Kathleen right? It's a pleasure to meet you." Tyler said.

"It's good to finally meet you too Tyler. I'm sorry about the... confusion, earlier." Kathy said.

"Ahh... no worries. We'll be going to the same school now so I'm sure we'll get to know each other. You are Max right? It's nice to meet you." Tyler said extending his hand towards Max. I was surprised that he could tell both of them apart at first but than realized that Jacob was wearing the same t-shirt as earlier. 

"It's nice to meet you too." Max said shaking his hand and getting back to his cereal. I wonder if something is wrong with him. He looks very uncomfortable. 

"Jazz, go get dressed, we're going to be late for school." Tyler said before I could ask Max anything.

I left and got dressed. I decided that I was going to wear jeans and a top so that none of my brothers would have any problem with what I was wearing. Chris picked us up along with the guys in his dad's van. When we got out in the parking lot, I could see a lot of heads turn... mostly girls. I wondered how many of these have slept with my brothers. Ughhh... just the thought of it disturbed me enough to make my facial expressions change. 

Tyler and I had pretty much the same time table except for 2 classes. I was taking a grade 10 psychology course because I had already gotten my geography credit in summer. In second semester, both of us were taking gym. When I went to my psych class, three blonds (too blond, I wonder how much they dyed their hair to make it look like... what it looked like!) approached me while I was sitting in the second row.

"What do you think you're doing?" the middle one asked.

"Umm... sitting?" I was confused.

"Don't you try to act smart with me, you little bitch. That's my spot." the same girl was talking. I wondered if this girl had some psychological issues because I didn't even know her and there she was calling me a bitch. Oooh, it was on. I wasn't going to spare this... blond (for the lack of a better description!)

"It's a free country. Just like you abuse the freedom of speech, I'll abuse the freedom to pick a spot for myself." I snapped back.

"You are messing with the wrong person. That is MY seat. Now beat it." she said being stubborn. 

"I don't see your name written here!" I said.

"Do you even know who I am freshman?" she said trying to threaten me.

"Nop, there isn't any writing on the desk that reads slut, whore or dumb-shit. See, I told you your name wasn't written here." I replied very calmly. The rest of the class went "OOhh" followed by "sweeet" and "that serves you right" She was about to attack me when the teacher came in. Perfect timing. "Amanda, what are you doing? Sit down."

"I would if I had my spot." she replied.

"What are you 5? Go sit in a different chair. I will NOT tolerate your bullying in my class. Don't make me give you detention the first day back. Am I clear?" the teacher said.

So I guess I won this round! I think Tyler was going to be happy hearing about this. He always finds girl-fights amusing for some reason. The class ended and I went out in the hallway to be greeted by none other than... Jace, Max and Jacob. Damn, news spreads fast in this place...