Divided

A girly control freak and a narcissistic daredevil take a very interesting road trip to California. Their first stop was at a souvenir store in Los Angeles. They browsed the nick nacks with amusement, looking at every finely painted and glitter coated figurine. The girly control freak picked up a ballerina music box, "Hey, look at this!" she gestured, holding the music box obnoxiously close to the daredevil's face. The daredevil rolled her eyes, "Eww, that ballerina is ugly- you should get a music box of me." she smirked. The control freak sat the music box down with a sigh and continued following the daredevil around the store. They stopped at a shelf covered with Halloween clearance items, "Hey, this is nice-" the daredevil said, picking up a fake but surprisingly realistic looking tombstone, "And it even weighs like a tombstone would!"

The two left the souvenir store after deciding to get the tombstone and a weird looking Hillary Clinton bobblehead. They sat in the car thinking of their next stop. The daredevil sat up quickly, "Ooh, I know!" she said, "We can check out that haunted hotel- what's it called...uh, the uh-" she strained. The control freak furrowed a brow, "The Roosevelt Hotel?" she asked. The daredevil hit her hand on the steering wheel, "That's the one!" she hollered. The controlled freak shrugged, "Well, we don't have anywhere else to go. Let's do it."

The two pulled into the parking lot of the infamous Roosevelt Hotel, "They say it's haunted by some of the most famous people that ever lived- even Marilyn Monroe!" the daredevil chimed, "And she was almost as beautiful as me!" she did a quick turn into a parking space before the car in front of her could snag it. The control freak sighed, "That poor old man deserved this spot though. Now I feel kinda bad..." she sat back and stared out the window. The daredevil patted her shoulder, "Suck it up."

The two checked into the hotel, getting the most haunted room it had. Room 213. 

The control freak groaned as she dropped their luggage on the bed, "Hey, after this, you wanna do something crazy?" she asked. The daredevil though for a bit, "How crazy?" she wondered. The control freak grinned evilly, "Like, illegal crazy." she promised. The daredevil pursed her lips, "Eh, I don't know..." she said doubtfully. The control freak grabbed a flashlight from her bag, "Come on, I dare you."

The daredevil was frozen, "Okay, this is too crazy- even for me!" she retorted. 

The control freak rolled her eyes, "Oh come on, don't be a scaredy cat. Just do it." she taunted. The daredevil groaned and made a vengeful face at the control freak, but she simply smiled. "Fine." she said, "But if I get caught, I'm bringing you down with me, got it?" she ensured. The control freak nodded. The daredevil headed towards the stars on the hollywood walk of fame, walking slowly as her mind clouded with fear and uncertainty. She reluctantly got closer and aimlessly shined her flashlight on the blocks of cement, "I shouldn't be doing this." she thought, "This is like, so wrong..." and finally, she found the star she was looking for. The carved lettering read, "Marilyn Monroe" above her handprints that seemed to be frozen not only in cement, but in time. She sighed as she pulled a crowbar from her bag and fidgeted with the cement until the block finally surrendered. She grabbed the block quickly and bolted for the car, "Run, run, run!" she yelled as she hopped in the passenger's side, and with that- they disappeared into the night.

Back at the hotel, the two struggled to sneak the star block through the lobby and up to their hotel room. "Okay, you distract the bellhop, and I'll carry it to the room." the control freak instructed. The daredevil groaned, "Why do you always have to do the sneaky stuff and I have to do the lame distraction stuff?" she asked. The control freak gave her a face and headed toward the elevators. The daredevil headed toward the desk to distract the bellhop, who wasn't really paying attention to what was going on anyways. She knocked over the cup of pens 'accidentally' to get his attention, "Oh my gosh, I am so sorry, like- I'm so clumsy." she said in a preppy voice. He shook his head, "Oh, that's okay, ma'am." he reassured her, "Are you enjoying your stay?" he asked courteously. The daredevil nodded, "Oh yeah, it's great." she said, keeping up the whole 'preppy' white girl act. The bellhop made a face, "Really?" he asked, "You are the one in room two-thirteen, aren't you?" he mused. She nodded, "Yaaaaassss!" she smiled as she began to slowly back away. "Oh okay- have a nice night!" he added. She bolted towards the elevator and pressed the button for the third floor. She breathed a sigh of relief as the elevator door closed. Suddenly, a wave of fear overcame her as she saw what appeared to be Marilyn Monroe behind her in the reflection of the elevator doors. She quickly turned around in panic, but there was nobody there, and she no longer saw any reflection but her own. "Weird..." she thought.

She stepped off the elevator onto the third floor hallway and headed for the room. She

noticed something sitting in front of the door. She hesitantly picked it up, and she couldn't believe her eyes. It was the Marilyn Monroe star block they had stolen from the Hollywood walk of fame. Her eyes widened as she noticed the door was cracked as well. She slowly opened it all the way, and her skin shivered at the sound of the eerie creaking. "Hello?" she called out. She stepped into the room, "Anybody in here?" she added. She waited for her friend to pop out and scare her, but there was nothing but silence. She flicked on the light to the bathroom and pulled back the shower curtain, but no one was there. She checked the closets, under the bed, even kitchen cabinets. Nothing. She sat in awe, wondering what had happened to her friend. She called down to the lobby and asked if they had seen her, but the line was all of the sudden disconnected. She was horrified. Suddenly, a cold breeze rushed up her spine. The window was open. How hadn't she noticed that before? She went to close it, looking out and around, but there was nothing to see. She heard a faint whisper from behind her. She turned. It was Marilyn Monroe. "You took what was mine," she said, "So I will take what it yours." she pushed the daredevil through the window, but before she could feel herself hit the ground- she opened her eyes and was back in the room again. Marilyn was still standing there. She looked out the window down at her dead body, and turned back to Marilyn in shock. Marilyn smiled comfortingly, "Now, you'll be here with me. Forever."