2

"Glen, hey!" I greet the person on the other side of the line. "Are you free right now? Because I.... kind of have something to ask. It's only if you're free. I can get-"

"Yeah, yeah, I am totally free right now," Glen cuts me off after chuckling. "And what's that favour, may I know?"

I smile, knowing how Glen would always be there to help me. "Remember next week? 3rd of October?" I ask him with a frown, thinking how to ask him to help me.

"3rd October. That's Danny's birthday," Glen states. "Why?"

I face-palm and tap my own forehead with my free hand. "Well, what else did I want you to help me if it's not for his party?" I sarcastically say.

He chuckles. "Right, right. What else...." He says to himself as if fooling himself. "So you're asking me a plan?"

"Not exactly." I shake my head though Glen couldn't see me. "I already have the plan. I just do not know where to do the party," I tell him.

"Ha!" Glen enthusiastically cheers. "Do you want somewhere near or far or-"

"I kind of want to do it at a farm." I wince as I explain my idea.

"F-farm?!" Glen kind of shouts.

"Hey, who's there?" I hear Mark's voice in a distant.

"Kay," he tells Mark before returning to me. "Who's birthday party is this? You? I know you'd always love the farm back at your home. Well, to be honest, it smells, Kay. You should pick-"

"What if I say it's a win-win situation?" I smirk to myself like an idiot. I know I shouldn't. "Danny loves it so much. He wants to go back to my village, but it's far. I know you guys wouldn't make it quick because you'll have press and all this week?"

Glen sighs, as if he wants to say no, but reluctant to agree with my suggestion. He says, "It smells, Kayla. I know Danny wouldn't mind but-"

"Are you going to help me or not?" I ask him in my boring tone, looking at nothing in particular with boredom in my eyes. Oh, I am such a drama queen.

Glen didn't answer straight away. He puts me on hold as if I got time for his little discussion with Mark about this whole thing. We have farms all over Ireland so I don't know how it sounds so hard for them - Glen and Mark - to help search and book it for me.

"Dude, this girl is crazy," I hear Glen whines to Mark.

"Why? What's wrong?"

"She wants me to find a farm for Danny's birthday!" Glen practically yells. Though his voice sounds a bit far from the phone, but he sounds as if he's still on the phone.

"Hurry up, Glenny, my credit is running!" I warn as I hear him and Mark continue to discuss.

"Well I know a few-" Glen cuts himself from talking to Mark about the farm and groans. And I can even feel he's rolling his big, creepy eyes. "You know what? Let's meet up tomorrow. I know one or two farms and I have actually been there quite a few times. The owners there kinda know me and who knows if one of them is kind enough to let us use his farm for Danny's birthday party, right?" Glen explains and I cannot help but smile in triumph.

"Yes!" I cheer. "I want Mark there, too," I say as if there's nothing wrong with the sentence, but soon as I realise how wrong the sentence sounded, I quickly add, "I mean, you guys are his best friends, right, I don't want any of you miss it."