|| 20 ||

Grayson's POV

"I'm glad you're starting to care. Makes me happy."

I kissed her head, "anything for you."

"Where do you wanna start?"

She sat there and explained everything to me for a good 2 hours before I understood the material.

"I don't know how you do this. It gets so frustrating and annoying. If it were a person, I'd beat it up."

"I need you to chill out a little."

"I'm just saying. I don't see how you have the patience to do this."

"It's called being a scholar."

"'Scholar' my ass."

"Listen." she laughed.

"Let's go grab a bite. I'm starving." I got up. "Date number one here we go."

I stuck my hand out for her to hold it.

"Where are we going?" she stood up.

"Let's just get some pizza."

We walked out to the car.

"Can you blast some like... Kid Cudi or something? The radio plays boring music sometimes. There are literally no bops." she said.

"I didn't think you listened to Kid Cudi."

"Ethan got me into it." she shrugged.

I started the car and New Rules by Dua Lipa. I was about to change it but she stopped me.

"One: don't pick up the phone, you know he's only calling cause he's drunk and alone. Two: don't let him in, you'll have to kick him out again. Three: don't be his friend, you know you're gonna wake up in his bed in the morning. If you're under him, you ain't getting over him. I got new rules I count them." she sang.

"Thought you said radio songs weren't bops?"

"New Rules is an exception."

I shook my head and we were on our way to get pizza.

"We actually made it here alive."

"I'm not even that bad of a driver."

"You're also not the best." she rolled her eyes. "Oh shit. Rosalie's in there."

"You still haven't told her?"

"I thought we both established that Ethan was the only one to know so that no one else gives us their unnecessary input on our relationship."

"Then... I'll give you money and you can go in and buy it." I suggested.

"It would be sketchy if I hopped into a car that wasn't KJ's. She's seen the rental car."

"How?"

"She walked me out to his car when we weren't on talking terms."

"Oh..."

"You go in and buy it and I'll wait out here."

"Okay then. I'll be right back."

"Wait I need to give you money." she stopped me.

"I'm paying."

"I think the fuck not you trick ass bitch."

"Aria. I'm paying. I'll be right back."

I bought the pizza and we made small conversation in the car. We hung out at her house for about 17 minutes before KJ came home.

"Hey guys." KJ walked through the doors with grocery bags.

"Since when do you grocery shop?" Aria asked.

"Since I moved out."

"I'll leave now and see you tomorrow." I stood up.

"Okay." she walked me out.

Aria's POV

"Why does he always leave when I walk into the room?"

"How am I suppose to know?"

"You should get that answer for me."

"Why?"

"I wanna know. I'm curious."

"I mean I guess??"

"Is he intimidated by me?"

"You are nowhere near intimidating."

"Whatever." he rolled his eyes.

"I'm gonna go shower now and you can come up with your own conclusions."

Grayson's POV

Honestly, I'm not that thirsty to have sex with her anymore. We'll do it when she wants to do it. I'm glad she ended up wanting to take it slow and on her terms. Otherwise I wouldn't be changing like this. I'd continue to not care about school. I probably wouldn't even graduate with my own class to be completely honest.

Ethan flopped onto my bed.

"It's been such a stressful day."

"It's been a long day." I laid by him. "How's your girlfriend?"

"You never ask about her what the hell? But anyway, she's doing good. She's graduating a year early."

"Wow. Someone's actually a lot smarter than you."

"Shut up. How's everything with Aria?"

"I'm actually not desperate to have sex with her anymore. We're taking it at her pace and I'm not complaining."

"I'm not used to seeing this Grayson. Where's my brother?"

"Your fuckboy of a brother has been gone. Buried. Will never be seen again."

"I really hope so. I hated that kid now that you're around."

"Ouch."

"No offense."

"Usually when people say 'no offense', there's some intended offense in there."

"I'm not used to seeing this Grayson. Ew."

"Is there a specific reason you walked in here?"

"No, I was just hoping to bother you like I always do. But it doesn't seem like it's working." he shook his head.

"Then feel free to leave."