The Next Morning: Chapter 2

After Dak left, I went to the guest room to change into the night clothes he left out for me. I tried to go to sleep but my mind was somewhere else. Dak and I hadn't been under the same roof in years - not since I was 16 and getting ready to go off to that fancy private school my mom kept pushing me towards. 

*Flashback

We spent our last day together like we usually did in my downstairs basement on the couch except this time we weren't laughing and joking. I was crying and he was holding me rigidly, trying to be the strong one. In that moment, our relationship changed not to say this hadn't popped into our minds before. We had gone through everything together, we had been each other's first kisses, and we had always been teased by our family, friends, teachers, you name it that we would make the cutest couple. To a certain extent we accepted it. We even did that stupid thing you see in those romantic comedy movies where the male and female best friends promise to marry one another when they reach the downside of 30. 

So when this moment came basically 15 years prior to our little "pact" I was shocked. Dak seemed to be steadying himself. His arms tightened around me, his eyes grew narrower, and then, as I see it, was the moment he decided to kiss me (except this time with tongue). It was a hungry kiss, with more passion and enthusiasm than skill, but it was amazing regardless. Finally he decided to pause - to wipe off the tears, to ask again with his eyes if I was ready. Then he kissed me again and we both began taking our clothes off. Next thing I know he was on top of me. It seemed like he whispered into my ear softly, "You sure" a thousand times. It seemed like I answered a million more before he was persuaded that I was ready. 

You know how they they the first cut's the deepest. Well, that theory sort of holds true here too. He lined up surprisingly smoothly but was unable to actually enter me. I kept on tensing. "Do you want me to stop? I don't wanna - I don't want to hurt you." "No, no I'm fine. I want to...I just....". I didn't finish that sentence but somehow he understood and he made the next move by catching me off guard and pushing into me fully. I had thought I was all cried out on account of the move but from somewhere deep more tears fell onto me, onto Dak. He kept on wiping them away, shifting his weight ever so slightly to raise his arm to my face. He was sweet for the most part but you could tell he was still a young, excited teenage boy. The strokes kept on getting more and more erratic as time moved on. It seemed as if he wanted to explore every part of me in the fastest amount of time. Dak gripped my backside, felt my chest in his huge palms, and ran his hands through my hair, making sure to leave no part of me untouched. I could see, feel, and hear him nearing the end, shaking, reaching out, and groaning my name all before collapsing on top of me. After that, I assumed things were over but Dak's never been selfish so he reached over and then underneath his extra long t-shirt I stole and began to try to make things even. 

*Flashback ends*

For the rest of the night I couldn't help but think of that moment. I only fell asleep at 3 am when my body couldn't take my tossing and turning and self-imposed mental distress. I woke up only a short three hours later when Dak, the cheery early riser, decided to make the breakfast of champions, or I guess NFL stars: lumpy oatmeal with bananas and strawberries, wheat toast, bacon, and orange juice. We ate and engaged in a lot of useless chatter. Ya know about the weather, my job, my weekend plans. Then he cut the bs and finally said what I'd thought he'd say, what I'd hoped he say. "Ash, I know it's been forever since we've really known each other but last night felt right. You're the first girl in a while that I've felt like Dak, the person, and not the athlete. " Just as I was about to respond the locksmith called back with his appointment availability for a half hour from now. Unfortunately, Dak couldn't give me a ride this time (the one time I actually wanted one too!). So I had to call an uber. Of course, my driver just had to see who it was he was picking up in this neighborhood and spot Dak. Of course, I had to lie and say that wasn't the Dak Prescott but the native Texan with the Cowboys star wasn't fooled by my shenanigans. 

So I left that day in Dak's old, faded Mississippi shirt and old shorts without ever telling him of how I felt and how I feel. To be honest I don't think I'll get the chance but here's hoping. 

* Author Note*

Hey to any readers! Just wanted to say I appreciate any/all support, votes, comments, criticism, whatever! Hope you guys like my story so far!