Post-Reveal

Since the pictures of us had already exploded on Twitter and even made it on to TMZ, we didn't bother to tell our families and friends that we were together. But my mom had other plans. The next day my mom called me 16 times that I missed and left 4 voicemails. Dak had to goad me into finally calling her back. Of course she answered on the first ring, skipped any greeting or introduction, and berated me for not telling her that I was with Dak and had the nerve to ask when I was going to get a ring and when we were going to give her some grandkids. Overwhelmed I stammered before she could get another word in I said we just started dating seriously. I lowered my voice to a quiet whisper to tell her that this probably wouldn't work out. She sighed saying "Why not. You two would be perfect together. You guys were like peanut butter and jelly growing up and..." I rushed off the phone to avoid any more comments on the relationship that hadn't even begun. I had already gotten the texts from all my friends, cousin, and even acquaintances to lock it down (whatever that means). "Okay mom I have to go."

Exhausted from that conversation I sat back down and tried to get comfortable again on the couch next to Dak but no matter what I did I couldn't get comfortable. Dak, noticing my squirming, decided to take matters into his own hands and pull me closer asking me what's wrong. I nodded and meekly replied nothing. Dak made a face but didn't push further. We just laid there for a minute with silence and Dak giving me that look. 8 minutes passed by and I saw Dak forming his question. Then he finally said what I knew he would. "Why'd you cut off your mom when she was talking with you on the phone earlier? Why can't you just believe me when I say I'm serious about you - about us? "Dak, we can't keep having the same conversation." "Well we can't go into a relationship with you having doubts." "OK well I'll just be here believing you're faithful while hundreds of girls are smiling in your face wherever you go and sending you DM's begging for just a one-night stand or a photo op." "Well there's nothing I can do about what those girls do. I can only control what I do. Stop looking at me the way everyone else does and look at me like Dak, the boy from Louisiana, not Dak the athlete, the way you usually do or used to up to today." I put my hands on his face making him look at me. "Of Course I know who you are. It's just hard knowing that we'll be apart for so long and if you're not with me then you'll just get it from someone else" . Dak snickered. Looking annoyed, I said "What? What's so funny?". "It's just you're still so innocent in how you speak and calling sex "it"but the other night you were 😏.....you were something else. I blushed and he moved closer pressing himself against me. He whispered, "Wonder how I can get you to blush later." I squirmed and then adjusted because he just can't know how much he affects me." Dak smirked and finally shook his head and asked what I wanted to since he had three hours before he had to go to practice and captain's meeting. "Probably not what you want to do...I have to go visit my mom. I gotta apologize for cutting her off this morning. She was just so excited about us and I was just overthinking it and feeling like we weren't gonna work out but I shouldn't have taken that out on her." "Okay cool. I understand. You have no idea how much I miss my mom...even the times when we disagreed or fought." "Awe babe... I'm glad you agree with my decision to go see her because you're coming too". "What..What do you mean "you're coming"? It's too early to be meeting the parents. We're a day and a half in." "Thought you said you were serious about us...blah blah" "But I - the" "Hush now and get dressed. And no pants with holes in them. My momma don't play."