I'm Not Gay

I woke up to my alarm clock. I hit the snooze button then noticed there was an arm that wasn't mine wrapped around my waist and my face was covered in dark brown hair that wasn't mine. I cursed under my breath when I realized what happened last night. I'm not gay. Why the hell did I do that?

My eyes widened and I muttered, "Shit."

I quickly got out of bed and got ready for school. Not waking up Lexa. As I was leaving my room I looked at her laying innocently on the bed and almost felt guilty. But I couldn't be with her. And I was too cowardess to face her when she woke up. So I left my house and drove to school.

At school Lexa didn't didn't come in the morning. She was probably still sleeping. At lunch time I sat in my normal spot, in the back of the lunch room where nobody sat. I liked the fact that I could eat alone. It was peaceful until Lexa all of a sudden slammed her hands down on the table. I looked up and widened my eyes at her.

She shook her head at me and spoke in a low voice, trying not to draw attention to us, "Why did you leave me at your house?"

I bit my bottom lip and whispered, "I-I I'm not gay, Lexa. I'm sorry but we can't be together."

Lexa's eyes watered a little but she blinked back her tears and nodded her head, "Understandable, but you should've thought about that before you kissed me and asked me to spend the night with you last night. You made me believe in something that wasn't there Clarke."

I looked down at the table, "Lexa, I didn't know what I was thinking. I was really emotional last night after what happened and I just needed somebody to be there for me."

Lexa's expression softened but her face was serious. Her jaw clenched and she walked away. I lost my appetite so I threw away the rest of my lunch and rested my head down on the table for the rest of lunch.

When the dismissal bell for lunch rang, I sluggishly walked to my next class and the day droned on with me feeling guilty. I would see Lexa in the hallways but she wouldn't even look at me. God there was something in the pit of my stomach that lurched when I saw her smooth complection. The way her forest green eyes had so much emotion in them. Her tough exterior but gentle touch and heart made me feel something I've never felt before. What was this feeling? Perhaps it was just my feelings about how she saved me from Brice.

Finally the end of the day bell rang and I drove home quickly, wanting to leave this bad day behind. When I got home I quickly did my homework and waited for my mom to come home. But before she did I walked over to the phone and started dialing in Lexa's number. I had to talk to her. I reluctantly pressed the call button.

It rang for a while and I kept my fingers crossed that she would answer me.

I about screamed from excitement when I heard Lexa's voice say, "Uhm hey."

I cleared my throat, "I'm so sorry Lexa. Let me make it up to you. Again. I'll get you that beer I still owe you and a free meal from the diner."

It was quiet until Lexa spoke again, "I'll think about it. Let's talk at the diner. I'll meet you there."

When she hung up I did a little happy dance and quickly went out to my car and headed to the diner. When I got there Lexa was already there. Her bike was sitting in the front. I entered the diner from the back and put on my apron. I walked through the busy kitchen full of workers cooking. I saw Lexa sitting at one of the seats in front of the bar. I filled a beer glass full of beer and placed it in front of her.

She glanced up at me and said sarcastically, "Don't you need to check my I.D?"

I laughed at her while taking a pen and notepad out of my apron pocket to take her order, "What will you be having today, madam?"