A Gift Fit For A Huntress

The next morning the night had brought forth a sand shower upon the village. The sand shower had begun to slowly cover the walkways of the village.
So most of the people didn't come out of their homes. The storm wasn't a serious threat although it was annoying for the villagers to work in, or to go outside at all.

No one was going into any of the shops. For the thought of sand in their eyes was painful.

***

Jet wasn't expecting any customers today, so he had finished Amber's request early in the beginning of the night. He then started to work on something different.

He was going to craft a battle axe for Amber as a gift. Just a gift to say 'hello' and as a token of friendship. Jet had already started sketching it out and listing the materials that he needed.

Jet got up from his desk. He then took both the sketches and his list of materials as he headed down into a hatch. The hatch lead down into his basement which held all of the materials that his family had collected over time.

Every material was in a separate box and they were put into alphabetical order and numbered so they would be found easily in the basement. They could also be easily found in the world of Jahua.

Jet looked through the boxes and collected his listed materials, until he stopped at the last material that he needed. He then pulled out a dusty black box from the shelf where it had been resting.

The box had an 'L' engraved on top of the lid. He opened the box to reveal a gem that was gray with a slight pink tone in the middle of it.

He closed the black box and headed back up the hatch. He then walked back to his workbench and started crafting the axe.

***

It was almost time for the over heated morning to begin as Jet wiped away the sweat from his brow and sighed.

He had finished the axe. The axe was beautiful. The hilt was long and light as the axe blade had a slight pink tone to it, although it was heavy. The axe was lighter then any other that Jet had ever made.

  He set the axe next to Amber's sword that she would come get the next night. Jet looked at his work and smiled before he headed to his room.

Jet walked into his bedroom doorway to find Sio waiting for him on his desk where the cat flicked his mechanical right ear as he slowly cocked his head to the left.

Jet walked over to the cat and held the young feline in his arms, until he put Sio down on his bed. Jet then laid on top of his bed to sleep as Sio curled up next to him.

Sio stared to watch over the young tinker as Jet had done to Sio many years ago. After some time Sio slowly closed his eye to be taken over by a peaceful slumber.