Why Were We Chosen?

"We're going to do what?!" Jet said to Amber in disbelief. "Yes, we must be prepared to move out tomorrow night." Amber said as she walked back to the shop.

Jet and Sio followed her. Jet unlocked the door and opened it for Amber and Sio to enter in first before he entered behind them. He shut the door slowly. Amber had sat down on a stool and crossed her legs. Jet looked down at the floor and sighed.

Jet lifted his head to look at Amber. For the first time he had noticed Amber had the ears and a tail of the night creatures called Night Wolves. They are black wolves with grey paws and the top of their ears and tails are more of a light grey.

Jet was amazed. Amber was a Faunas which meant that she was a human with animal features, but in this case it was shown in ears and a tail. Jet knew that now wasn't the time to notice such small details, but to look at the main one.

What were they chosen to do? And why...? Jet pondered for a moment in his head before asking Amber the same two questions. Amber sighed. "I'm a huntress. It is my job to track down creatures, or dark forces. When I find them I bring the end of their lives with me."

Jet's eyes widened. She sounded so strong and fearless. How could he be able to stand along side her without confidence? "I thought you would make a good partner. You have a great mind and a wonderful talent for engineering."  Amber said to Jet as his thoughts were broken.

"Well if we already agreed to do the job then there is no turning back..." Jet pondered aloud. "Yes, I'm sorry. I should have asked you first if you even wanted to go. Unfortunately I was on the spot so I just answered for you." Amber said looking into Jet's blue eyes. He sighed and closed his eyes before opening them again to look at Amber.

"We should start getting ready for our adventure." He said smiling at Amber who was now smiling widely. "Okay. Lets get ready and we'll leave tomorrow night and head out into the misty forest." They nodded in agreement.

Amber left for her house to pack up. Jet looked at the inside of the workshop and sighed. He would have to leave his home and enter into the unknown...

***

The people of the village gathered into the town's square the next night. Amber, Jet, and Sio were all now in Jet's workshop rechecking their belongings. They were ready to go.

Amber picked up her sword and axe putting them onto her back for easy access. Jet picked up a set of double welded swords and put them on his own back for easy access as well.

Jet and Amber had their own separate medium sized bags. Jet had an additional bag for Sio's things, while Amber carried a side bag fulled with medical supplies on her hip next to some potions on her other hip.

As they existed the workshop Jet locked the door before they headed down to town square. Over in town square were the other villagers waited to send them off on their quest.

As they came to town square the mayor approached them. "As mayor I would like to thank you on behave of everyone in the village for going to find out what is going on in the forest!" The mayor says as he addresses the people of the village and the heroes. The villagers applauded at the mayor's words and for their heroes send off.

The heroes slowly walked through the crowd of applauding villagers awkwardly waving and smiling. As they approached the gates of the village the people dispersed from town square and continued on with their normal lives. The heroes exited the village gates and came to the edge of the forest.