Chapter Eight.

Khadijah's POV.

I was watching The Untamed in my bedroom, I'm practically obsessed with the series. Suddenly I hear loud banging in the front door so I quickly ran downstairs. I see Ya Yasir and Ya Samir through the window before opening.
"Yaya what's going on?"

"Where have you been? We've been trying to call you"
They both were trying to look calm but their panting have it away.
"I was watching".

"Go get your veil or whatever, hurry!" Ya Yasir says.
"Why?"
"Yusuf got into an accident".

"What?! When?!!" I run inside without even waiting for them to answer the question.

We all sat down waiting for the doctor.
I turn to Anty Halima "We've been here for an hour and still nothing, they told Yaya that it wasn't anything serious then why can't we see him yet?"

"Khadijah calm down, they just need to make sure he's okay and he needs to rest too".
I nod but I didn't care, all I wanted to do was see him myself.

And God answered my prayers the doctor came out smiling "Sorry for making you all wait but we need to make sure the patient is stable and doesn't go into shock".

"Shock? I thought you said it wasn't anything serious?" Ya Samir asks.
"Thankfully it wasn't. It had food poisoning, the stress made this condition worse though but he hit his head during the collision and had a concussion, a broken arm and two broken ribs but he'll be fine so please if anyone knows his presence might not be pleasant for the patient please they should give him time before they see him".

"Can I speak to you doctor?" Uncle Nasir asks.
"Of course" the two walk away whispering.

A Few Hours later.

He was lying down still unconscious, he was badly bruised and still looking pale. I can't believe I didn't say a word when I saw him staggering around as he left the house.

I just didn't want him to think I wanted to nag him again, honestly I don't know what I'd do if he left me.

"Are those..tears for me?"
I quickly raise my head and see him looking at me. You could hardly see his eyes and the words were coming out so low.

"You should have stayed home if you weren't feeling better" I say calmly gently tapping his hands.

He smiles though it was barely noticeable.
"You know I can't miss work".
"Screw work".

"Hmm". And they he was quiet, if the nurse hadn't informed me earlier that if he wakes up and passes out again it's normal I would be crying, running and screaming right now thinking something happened.

Yusuf's POV.

I sat down watching the two boys pissing each other off. Khadijah left to take her bath and make lunch and she sent Khalipha and Khalid to take care of me. I have no doubt in my mind that Khalid would do it but Khalipha on the other hand I have my doubts. Khalid too gets distracted a lot with his brother.

"Say one word and I'll punch you Wallahi".
"You're irritating!" Khalid says back.

"I'm irritating".
"I only see one bastard here".
"What the fuck?"

He stands probably thinking of smothering his brother.
"Will you two stop that? If you're at home you can wrestle but not here and not in front of me, if you're that desperately outside".

It was entertaining watching them bicker on and on but it'll be difficult to separate them when they get physical.
"Okay".

The door opens and Khadijah comes in with a basket.
"Finally, we'll head out" Khalipha says making a peace sign and walking out.
"We'll drop by later in the evening" he says also making his peace sign and walking out.

She sits next to me smiling "Be honest, being around them makes you feel rejuvenated".
"Maybe".

I've been in the hospital for 2weeks now and finally I'd be able to go back home tomorrow.
"Yusuf I know our relationship hasn't been the best, I also admit I'm the one mostly at fault so I'm sorry. Whatever it is I did that hurt you or stressed you out I'm deeply sorry. I was being selfish and I acknowledge it, I should have thought about how you'd feel too".

I smile "it's fine, I should have acted better too".
She stares at me "That's it".

I laugh "What else am I supposed to say?"
"Something a tad bit romantic to make the mood better". She says smiling.

"Nope, I'll manage this comedic mood".
"You're boring" she jokes.

"Let's really try to make things work this time, okay?" I say getting serious.
"I'd like nothing more".

Finally!
I'm back home!
I've always despised hospitals so being there for two weeks was excruciating.

Because of the cast on my leg I have to use crutches which automatically means I have to be sleeping in the guest room and not my bedroom upstairs. I think I'm addicted to my bed, if I don't sleep on it then I don't sleep at all.

I sit on the couch and wait for Khadijah to bring the food. Even eating in a hospital killed my spirit.
She walks in and sits next to me.
"Do you need to rest? I already prepared the guest room".

"I think two weeks is enough rest, I won't have to rest for another 2years".
She starts laughing "I know you would, you always do".

"No I don't".
"Okay then, you don't" she says sarcastically.

Khadijah's POV.

I was lying down beside Yusuf on his bed, watching when I hear the door bell.
We both groan.

"I'll go open it".
"Maybe they'll get tired and leave, they might think we're not here".

"Really? What about the cars outside? Or the gateman who knows we're in and has no idea we don't want to be disturbed".
He huffs "Okay then".

I smile when I open the door "Ya Yasir, what an unexpected surprise".
He smiles back "Hope I'm welcome".
"If I had known it was you I would have made sure she didn't open the door". I hear Yusuf says from behind me.

He looks enters and Zainab follows behind me. Immediately she comes in she pulls me in a tight embrace. "How are you? I'm sorry I couldn't come when Yusuf was in the hospital".

I smile "It's fine, Yaya told me you weren't in town".
They both sit.

"So how are you feeling?" Ya Yasir asks.
"I'm great, probably going to be back at work in no time".

He huffs "Yusuf what's with you and work neh?"
"It's almost an addiction".

"Obviously"I say.
"And I don't think there's anything wrong with that" Zainab says.

Ya Yasir laughs "You know I keep forgetting you two dated".
I smile "Yusuf and I never dated".

"I meant Zainab"
I turn and look at Yusuf, he had a blank expression on his face while Zainab looked so uncomfortable.

::