Chapter 1

"Alright class, you're free to go. See you tomorrow," Mr. Jamison said. "Oh and can I have Jess and Anthony for a couple minutes please?" I grab my backpack of the ground next to me and start walking up to Mr. Jamison's desk. I know that I didn't do anything wrong, but I still get nervous whenever I have to talk to a teacher. I'm just confused why I got called up with Anthony. Me and Anthony exchange confused glances as we approach the teacher. Mr. Jamison must notice that we are confused and assures us that we aren't in trouble.
"I just want to discuss something with you guys for a minute so pull a seat up to my desk," he says, gesturing to the front of his desk. I turn to grab a chair but Anthony already has two in his hands and is setting them down.
"Thank you," I say quietly, sitting down. Anthony sits down in his chair and Mr. Jamison clears his throat.
"So I have decided to make a play that we will be putting on for the school. It's called Choose Kindness. It's not as much as a play as it is a skit but we're gonna call it a play because more people will want to watch it," he says, laughing lightly.

"Anyways," Mr. Jamison starts, "It's about how kids should choose to be kind to people instead of bullying them. In it we will be showing a boy who bully's kids a lot, and one day decides to be nice to a girl he meets and ends up falling for her. He starts to see life in a new light and stops bullying people because of the love he found. And since you two are the best in my class, I thought I would ask you if you wanted to play the lead roles. There will be auditions for everyone else but I already know that the roles would be perfect for you two, so if you want them they're all yours!" Anthony answers almost immediately.
"Oh of course Mr. Jamison. Anything for my favorite teacher."
"Goodie! How about you Ms. Timber?" Mr. Jamison looks at me, hope evident in his round face. The only time I've ever performed anything was in front of the class. I love acting, but could I do it in front of the whole school?
"Ms. Timber?" I jolt out of my thoughts and look at my teacher.
"Sure thing Mr. Jamison," I say, smiling kindly at him. He raises his hands in front of him and smiles widely.
"Thank you so much! I'm so grateful for the two of you! You guys will do amazing. Auditions are tomorrow right after school in my classroom, could you guys come and help move desks and maybe stay after and call people in?" Me and Anthony nod in unison.
"Great! I already have a few posters up but if you wouldn't mind hanging a few more up for me around the school? I know it's a big school so I would give you both hall passes and I'll even let you roam the school after you're done since we only have and hour and a half left today." Me and Anthony look at a each other, our eyebrows raised and grins on our faces.
"Deal," I say, grateful that I don't have to go to any classes for the rest of the day.
"Oh good! You two are life savers!" He hands us a big stack of audition sign up sheets and two rolls of tape. "Have fun!"
"We will!" Anthony yells as we exit the class. "Thanks!" We're walking walking for about a minute when Anthony sets the posters down and starts walking away without saying anything.
"Where are you going?" I yell as he disappears around the corner. Seriously? He really just left me to hang up all these posters by myself. Wow. What a nice person he is.

:: :: :: ::

Thank you so much for reading my very first chapter! I hope you enjoyed! I'm making the chapters kind of short so they are easier to read. I normally enjoy these better when the chapters are shorter so I don't feel so bombarded when I'm reading them. Hope that makes sense, lol.