The Break-up: Chapter 1

A/N: for all of you larries out there... well... I'd just like to apologize in advance. Enjoy the torture, babes ;)

/\ /\ /\ /\

Louis tossed and turned in his bed restlessly, trying desperately to fall asleep. He eventually gave up, blinking his tired eyes open. Where the hell is he? the blue eyed boy wondered dejectedly. Harry, his boyfriend of three years, hadn't taken Louis on a proper date in months due to the constant busy schedule the band had been having. Yeah, sure the fame of being a worldwide artist was spectacular and all around mind blowing, but Louis hadn't had any time to visit family, hang out with his friends, or, most importantly, spend time with Harry in the past five months. The couple spent every waking minute together, yet Louis still felt like there was an empty spot in his heart. He missed his Hazza dearly. He was supposed to be here at 7, Louis thought to himself. The small boy flipped his body over once more and glanced at the clock by his bed.

1:22 am glared back at him.

Louis sighed frustratedly. They hadn't spent quality one-on-one time together in months, and after all that, this is how he was being treated? At that moment he heard the front doorknob jiggle, along with the rattle of keys. As the door swung open, Louis heard sounds of drunken laughter and whispers flood coming from outside his apartment, likely Harry's partners in crime. Louis moved to a sitting position on his bed, his feet dangling off the bed and his arms crossed. It took a while, but when the door finally shut, he heard the loud stumbling and giggles of his boyfriend in the hallway.

Louis stomped out of the room, annoyed by Harry's lateness, and further bothered by his blatant nonchalance towards it.

"And exactly where have you been?" Louis exclaimed angrily as soon as he spotted his boyfriend, untying his shoes in front of the door.

Harry continued to take his shoes off, mockingly, sickeningly slow. Still not answering or making eye contact, he silently slid his coat off.

"Oh so you've got nothing to say for yourself after you bail on what would've been our first date in weeks??"

"Oh, shut up, it's not like I knew you were gonna show," Harry replied scathingly, hastily removing his scarf from where it rested around his neck.

"And just where the fuck else would I be?" Louis screeched.

Harry froze. The man gradually stood from where he had been crouched, until he stood at full height staring Louis down. At this point, Harry was at least a head taller than Louis, yet the smaller boy unwaveringly glowered back. Harry, still refusing to make eye contact and continuing to ignore the looks he was getting, removed his wallet from his front pocket and rigidly placed it on the coffee table by the door.

With his eyes still trained on his wallet, Harry spit out his answer, "I don't know, maybe off fucking Brianna?"

Louis fucking lost it.

"Are you kidding me right now? Are you fucking kidding me?!?" Louis screamed, wildly stepping back and giving Harry a quick once-over. As if he didn't know who his boyfriend was anymore. As if he was just a stranger.

"Do you think I chose to date her? Do you think it was my decision? I didn't want to fucking give up my fucking freedom, but I fucking did, and you want to know why? I did it for us!"

"Oh please, you barely pled your case when they forced this on you," Harry rolled his eyes brazenly.

"Did you not just hear what I said?? I didn't fucking have a choice!"

"You could have fought," Harry burst out suddenly, his calm demeanor from earlier long gone, "you could have begged or bribed or cried or done something to keep this from happening! Louis, we haven't gone on a date in months, but not just because of touring! That stupid fucking beard is in the way of us. For fuck's sake I don't remember the last time we had sex, now that I really think about it! That's not what couples do! Is this relationship even working anymore? Is it even worth it?"

Louis paused, taken aback, "Is that really what this is about? You went out and got drunk instead of spending time with me because you thought that it was my intention to go on all of those fake dates? You thought I didn't try with all my might, with everything I had, not to be forced to be a part of this shitty stunt? Harry, they said that not doing this could ruin the band's image! What was I supposed to do?! I tried! I-"

Louis cut himself off, moving his stare from Harry's blazing green eyes to the wood floor that suddenly felt so cold under his feet. A single tear slipped down his face, and as he watched it fall, Harry managed to stutter out a reply.

"Well, Louis," Harry said lowly, "I guess you didn't try hard enough."

More tears fell as Louis' clenched his hands into fists by his side, over and over again. And when the door slammed shut, all that was running through Louis' mind was, 'You didn't try hard enough'.

A loud, wretched cry broke the silence of the house. It took Louis a moment to realize that they were coming from him. The boy stumbled into his room, and with his blurry vision was not able to see the night stand he was a step away from running into.

"Shit!" Louis cried out as his side hit the corner of the stand. He weakly collapsed into the bed, curling up into a fetal ball. He didn't even try crawling under the sheets to warm his shivering body. It wasn't worth it. Nothing could've made him feel as comfy and safe as Harry's arms did. Nothing else could even come close. Images- flashbacks- flashed behind Louis' closed eyes as he continued to cry.

'You didn't try hard enough.'

Harry, towering over Louis, viciously glaring down.

'You didn't try hard enough.'

His screaming eyes. His furious tone.

'You didn't try hard enough.'

"Maybe off fucking Brianna?"

'You

didn't

try.'

TBC

/\ /\ /\ /\

Haha I've never written on here haha this is going to be an *ahem* interesting experience haha comment favorite like do whatever the French toast people do on here idk educate me I guess. Do people message on here? Do people talk? Message....me...?