Chapter Two: Pizza Parlors and Music Projects

·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ Iseul's POV *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙

I didn't expect to see Jungkook after that little hallway incident. However, my expectations are soon dashed when I see him walk into English just moments after I sit down. His doe eyes scan the room in a cursory manner before alighting on me, head tilting.

He smiles in recognition, a soft thing that lights up his face, before sitting down by a couple of his friends in the middle. I narrow my eyes at him before looking away and shuffling the summer assignment into place, all of the papers now in their correct order.

Unlike my first class, no hush falls over the room when he walks in. Rather the room just gets louder around Jungkook as he pulls out his stuff while chatting with the people around him. And then the hush falls when he grins at the girl who walks in.

Ah Ra.

Her and Jungkook's relationship is one that most people expected, the two of them being the most loved and envied by our class. Of course, in a typical fashion, Ah Ra also rules over the student body like a queen with titles such as class president, captain of the varsity girls soccer team, and homecoming queen for three years in a row.

They look and are perfect together, reputations shining. They're also a fairly new couple, getting together right at the beginning of summer break. A three month old relationship that would most likely soon be tested by the hordes of people wanting to claw their way into Jungkook's heart.

Or maybe by the other half of the school who always held a predatory eye over Ah Ra, always raking their eyes down her body in a disgusting manner wherever she walked as if she was some piece of meat for their enjoyment.

I get my head out of the thoughts of their perfect relationship, ignoring the way my heart clenches as I watch as Ah Ra's hand runs over his shoulders in a claiming manner as she walks to her seat on his other side and how Jungkook fixes a stray hair that sticks to the side of her face.

I dismiss the pang as an odd longing for a relationship. There is no possible way that I could be jealous. Even though I've known of Jungkook for a while, we've never really interacted.

If anything, I'm surprised that he even knows my name.

I'm just jealous for a relationship, for someone to be with.

English class goes by in a blur once the teacher walks in and starts the familiar first day speech, going over the syllabus and the books we'd be reading during the school year.

And, once again, I shake off the weird feeling when I see Jungkook holding out his hand to Ah Ra. I pointedly look away as I head towards the front of the school to meet my friends, my stomach practically howling for food.