joey trotta || friends

A/N for @lifemovespretty-fast
i read the lurics to the song so idk how well this turned out yikes

"You're hanging with the wrong group of people, I'm telling you!" Joey crossed his arms as he stood behind (Y/N) at a party one of their friends was throwing.

"C'mon, Joey! A little booze, a little pot. It's not a big deal, nothing too bad's going on here." They sighed and grabbed his hand, walking to the kitchen with him in tow.

All around them, people were laughing and dancing to the loud music that boomed through the house. Everyone had a drink in hand, most too drunk to do anything but dance. The atmosphere made Joey sick, sure he had liked parties, but big crowds and shitfaced attendees were not his forte. Almost as soon as the two of them had arrived, they saw a small group of people in the yard, vomiting their guts out.

Behind him, someone tapped Joey's shoulder causing him to turn around. He looked and saw two people standing behind someone known at their school for being bad news. Kevin Swindle. God, even his name was douchey. The kid was tall but still had to tilt his head up to look Joey in the eyes, he had wavy blond hair and brown eyes, mixed with a permanent scowl on his face.

"Now, what are you doing here, Trotta. Stop jacking off and go outside for once?" He laughed along with his friends.

"Okay back the fuck up, swine flu. Sorry I don't spend my time getting so fucked up I can't remember how little my dick is unlike you." Joey let go of (Y/N)'s hand and crossed his arms again, an instinctive defense pose he had practiced for as long as he can remember.

Kevin scoffed and pushed Joey's chest, looking to start a fight. A large group of drunk teens started to accumulate around them, hoping to see action before leaving for home. Not having any of it, Joey just rolled his eyes and turned away, putting his arm around (Y/N) and pushing through the crowd to return to the kitchen. He poured himself a shot of whiskey and tossed it back without thinking twice.

"No chaser? Damn, Trotta, I'm impressed." (Y/N) said, laughing to themselves, "So I reckon that makes me the designated driver?" They almost seemed disappointed, resting their head against Joey.

"No, no designated driver is needed because we're leaving." He sounded exhausted and very determined to get home, much to (Y/N)'s dismay.

They almost started to argue about going back, complaining about how they just arrived and had just hit one bump in the night but the rest was to go smoothly. When they thought that they had convinced Joey to stay longer, a boy walked up to the two of them and asked if they wanted to snort any ketamine. (Y/N) almost started to say yes but Joey scoffed and declined for the both of them, watching the guy go off and offer to another couple who happily accepted. He looked back at (Y/N) with wide eyes.

"This is more than just booze and pot what is with you, (Y/N)!" He subconsciously played with his earring, looking at them in disappointment. "This is the kind of shit that gets you killed, babe, what are you doing...." He even sounded sad he had been brought here.

"I'm just here to party with my friends, Joey. I'm sorry I wanted to have a good time." They were angry, clearly. Mad that Joey wouldn't let them do anything stupid.

They poured themselves a drink, mixing a little bit of everything together and downing the contents of their cup. Glaring at Joey, they broke off from his grip and walked off to the dance floor to be with their friends. Before they were out of sight, Joey could just barely hear them say something about how they didn't drag him along in order to be babysat. Of course, this hurt, but he wouldn't let it bother him for tonight. He knew it best to bring it up in the morning, after the tension had blown over.

Joey walked through the crowd and headed for the front door, leaving the sweaty, musty living room for some fresh air. The concrete underneath him was cold as he sat on the steps, praying the party would be over with soon so he could take (Y/N) home. Meanwhile, they were having the time of their life! Drunk as hell and dancing up a storm, no one could tell them what to do. Friends kept handing them drinks and they kept taking them, getting more and more shitfaced by the second.

An hour of waiting passed and the commotion started to die down. People were filing out and walking to their cars. A group of girls passed by Joey and in the middle he saw (Y/N). He jogged to catch up, seeing the group have difficulties keeping them standing straight.

"Okay, we're gonna get you home soon, (Y/N)." He said, picking them up and walking over to his car. Carefully, he opened the door and put them in the seat, buckling them in. He got in himself and started driving off, glad to leave the party behind. God, they were so wasted they couldn't even talk. He just didn't want to be there to see (Y/N) turn into the kind of person who was constantly fucked up.

============

    The next morning (Y/N) woke up with a killer headache. They threw their hand on the bedside table, desperately searching for an Advil that may have been left there. Failing to find one, the walked out of their room and to the living room to see Joey asleep on the couch, both of them still in their clothes from the night before.

They looked over at the couch, sighing before turning away from the kitchen to sit next to Joey. As (Y/N) sat, the couch dipped, causing him to wake up. He yawned and stretched before sitting up and greeting the morning by kissing the top of (Y/N)'s head.

"Good morning." Was all he said before standing up and walking to the kitchen. He reached into the medicine cabinet and grabbed an Advil, filling up a glass of water. When he came back and set it on the coffee table (Y/N) deeply exhaled.

"Can we talk about last night, Jo-Jo?" They asked, hoping the petname would at least kind of distract him.

"They're bad influences on you, (Y/N). When we first met you were trying to get into Harvard! You had a 3.95 GPA and you wouldn't even think about touching a drop of alcohol. I don't mind that you've changed, it's the fact that you're letting yourself go and risking your future just for a couple months of fun. You can do that for four years in college! Right now you need to focus on staying on top of your shit." Joey said all at once, only stopping to catch his breath when he finished, "I'm trying to look after you but it's just making you upset."

"I have changed, and in some ways for the better. You remember how boring I used to be! Now I know how to have a good time, don't you love it?" They were very confused, they started changing for Joey it just went a little bit farther when they were with friends.

"I love you for who you are at your core. The kickass, smart, funny, responsible, adorable, kind of boring person I met my first day of junior year. I don't mind change, it's that you're not yourself when you're around those people. I just want what's best for you, (Y/N)." Joey placed a hand on their cheek and smiled sweetly back at them, concern in his eyes.

"I love you, Joey. I'm sorry, I guess I just need you to keep me in place. Sound like a deal, Trotta?"

"Deal."