Chapter 2

"Hi. My names Bella Harris, I've just started here. Urm. I was wondering if you could s-show me to my room. Please." My words stumbling out.

"Sure honey, hold on just a mo-ment..." The receptionist trailed off fumbling with key and cards hanging from lanyards whilst I stood there playing with my thumbs.

"Ah! Heeere we are! Bella Harris, there you go; now follow me!" Darting round from her desk she was perched at and nodded her head to follow her.

We walked quite quickly down the corridor then took a sharp turn down a corridor much smaller. The polished floors where now old fashioned carpet and the clean white walls where now a deep shade of red.

She lead me up a flight if stairs that lead to another corridor with doors all the way down it that where labeled in shiny silver numbers.

We stopped at one half way down the corridor labeled 221b. She unlocked the door and opened it as if presenting it to me. I walked in and looked around. There was a window directly opposite the door overlooking the city if London and a double bed below it with two small white bedside tables beside it. On the right if the bed, against the wall, stood a French style dressing table with a big mirror and a stool to accompany it. On the left side stood an empty wardrobe with full length mirror on one of the doors. The theme of the room carried on with white as the walls, wardrobe, and dressing table all had a clean white finish. I looked out of the window resting my arms on the window seal and gazed out at the view.

"Do you like it? It's a nice little room, It's got just about everything. Your bags will be delivered soon but in the meantime have a little look at the guide book on your dressing table, it just tells you everything you can and can't do. I'll be in the reception if you need me, honey, okay?" she pointed to the phone on one of the bedside tables.

Turning around, I nodded at her and smiled as she slowly closed the door behind her. I slouched down on the bed and dropped my handbag on the floor and looked around.

I was actually getting to quite like this place, the window had an amazing view of London and all the major landmarks that would be perfect to sketch, the room was the perfect size and it was so homely.

My phone buzzed snapping me out of my thoughts; I pulled it out and scrolled through my notifications. They had wifi here; thank god!

After about half an hour or so of settling in, a knock came from the door. I walked over and unlocked it where a tall man in his late 20s stood with a suitcase and some smaller bags around him; my luggage. He smile at me and simply said,

"Your luggage is here, need me to help you bring it in?"

"Yes please, if you don't mind?" I smiled back. It didn't take long to bring in all my luggage and put it on my bed. The brown haired boy then passed me a white envelope with my name stamped on the left hand corner. I took it from him looking at it curiously before placing it on my dressing table.

"Thanks for your help."

"Your welcome, have fun unpacking!" he said with a chuckle and winked at me before dismissing himself from the room. It took me the rest if the morning till about 3 o'clock to unpack my belongings. The hard work had made me hungry so I decided to get some food when I remembered the letter on my dressing table. I opened it with my thumb and pulled out the letter inside. It was my time table of lessons and a map of the school. I scanned the map with my eyes and stopped when I saw the canteen and headed off on a hunt for food.

The canteen was scattered with people here and there, on tables or lining up for food. I walked shyly over to the sandwich bar and ordered a ham & cheese baguette and a bottle of water then strolled over to an empty table. The atmosphere was calm and the voices of former students filled the air. I finished up with my baguette and slung the rubbish in the bin and made my way back to my dorm. It was a chilled and peaceful night doing nothing, (scrolling down tumblr and watching youtubers), yet it seemed to keep me busy till 1am in the morning before I fell into a deep slumber.

~~~~~~~~

The next few days where no different except instead of being busy doing nothing, I was in classes.

I didn't really make any friends but instead simply acknowledged their existence with a simple smile when necessary. The bell rang signalling the end of the lesson and everyone perked up from their desks and started packing their belongings.

"Remember to bring in your project assignment for next Monday! I don't want to have to write it on your foreheads for you to remember. Now SCOOT!"

Following the teachers orders, we leaked from the classroom and out into the hall going our separate ways in groups or in twos, but me; by myself.

It was free time for about half an hour so I decided to go in an adventure around the university grounds by the flower garden and benches. I pushed my way through the door with my shoulder clutching my bag in one hand and books in the other. The cold English weather hit me in the face sending my hair flying backwards and some into my face that I shook off quickly. I could feel goosebumps creeping up my body and clutched my books tighter whilst fighting the strong winds. Maybe this wasn't the best weather to stroll around in. I reached an old bulilding that I hadnt noticed before with a flat roof and a glass door leading to a corrior. I decided to go in, partly because the weather was horrendous since it had just started to rain and I was curious as to seeing what was inside. I heaved the door open and stumbled inside. The door slammed shut behind be causing me to jump. I strolled gingerly down the corrior and turned left facing another corridor with doors all the way down it. Silence filled the building. On the left was a room filled with keyboards, a drum kit , a few electric and acoustic guitars and various other intruments. Further down was some, what looked like, practice rooms. They where named after famous bands and artist such as ' The Beatles Room' , 'The Rolling Stones Room' and 3 others. As I walked towards a door I could just about make out a sound of a acoustic guitar being strummed at. As I got closer I could begin to hear a smokey voice singing along with the guitar. By the time I got to the door, the sound was much clearer and I worked out that the singer was a boy around my age. I rested my head on the wall beside the door, closing my eyes, and let the music flow through my ears and travel around my body. Ive never felt so relaxed and in the moment before when i've been listening to music but his voice was just so... so perfect. The thought of this made me smile a little and I could feel heat on my cheeks as I blushed; but I didn't care.

*BBUUUZZZZ*

*BEEEEEEEP*

My phone sounded and nearly made me jump out of my skin and I let out a little cry! I fiddled around trying to find my phone to shut it up when the guitar and singing suddenly stopped playing. Everthing was quitet for a few seconds. I threw my hand on my mouth in shock and stood still; my body ridige and heart racing.