Chapter Six : Mnemophobia

Quick little A/N, Mnemophobia is the fear of remembering the past, also of you're sensitive to the topic of abuse I'd advise not reading this chapter

   Chara's POV

Mia started to drag me away, looking for the person she called G, I followed behind her not having anything else to do.
   "Hi Frisk." Mia shouted waving to a girl with short brown hair, a red and purple tank top along with a black shirt underneath that, she also wore jean shorts with black leggings (I think their leggings), she had cuffs around her writs.
   "Hi Mia." The girl replied. "Oh who's this?"
   "Hi ma'am would you like some chocolate?" I asked, holding out a bar of chocolate.
"Aww thank you." She replied.
"Hey Frisk, who's your new friend?" A tall skeleton asked, he wore a black jacket, grey sweater (thing), along with black jeans/pants, he was also smoking.
"Oh hi G! He's a cute little gentleman."
"Heh, he's so small."
"Haha! Would you like some chocolate?"
"Something is wrong with this world." I muttered. "That's it! I'm going to find Cross!"
"Chara wait!" Mia called after me, but I kept walking I HATE being called small, not like I can be all tall and bad boy-ie.
   "So why did Mia bring us here anyways?"
   "Beats me." The two voices sounded familiar so I went towards the seeing Cross and (y/n) sitting down and talking, I huffed sitting beside (y/n).
   "Is the baby mad?" She teased, earning a laugh from Cross, while I glared her down.
   "Anyways, do you have a favorite AU?" Cross asked, looking at (y/n).

   (Y/N)'s POV

   "Anyways, do you have a favorite AU?" Cross asked, that question wasn't so easily answered, sure you knew of a good lot of AU's but you didn't have a favorite, Underfell had a high rank for obvious reasons.
   "Well I don't have a favorite, I can tell you of a few I like." You replied, still slightly in your thoughts.
   "Sure go ahead." He said.
   "Well Underfell isn't one of the nicest places but I like it, it reminds me about the a-holes I had to deal with...before..." You trailed off, you didn't mean to remind yourself of what they did or that it was your fault your parents died.

   Cross' POV

   "Well Underfell isn't one of the nicest places but I like it, it reminds me about the a-holes I had to deal with...before..." She trailed off, her face darkened as she looked down lost in thought, I gave her a worried look before noticing tears running down her face, not knowing what to do I pulled her into a hug, she flinched before hugging me back and continuing to cry, Chara looked at he with a confused look, I mouthed 'get Mia' to him, he nodded before going to get her.

   (Y/N)'s POV

   You couldn't hold back the tears all the memories, the pain, the abuse, you couldn't keep it inside me any longer so you cried, you felt like were being lifted and then arms wrapped around you, you flinched before hugging them back. You started to cry more, you didn't deserve any love or to live, that's what they told you but they have to be wrong right?

   Mia's POV

   "The SC's have been working well." I said, G was the one who helped me figure out how to use them so I figured he might want to know if they worked.
   "MIA!" I heard a shout, I turned around and saw Chara running towards us.
   "What is it?" I asked, I saw the concern his is eyes making me worry.
   "It's (y/n)." He said, slightly huffing and puffing seeing as he ran here.
   "Take me to her." I said, my normally cheery tone dissipating, (y/n) told of her past, it wasn't very happy, her parents died when she was six, her aunt and uncle abused her saying she caused their death.

   Cross' POV

   "Shh, it's okay let it out." I whispered, trying calm her down but nothing was working, I felt something in my soul, guilt? Remorse? I couldn't tell, I heard footsteps but ignored them, I was to focused on trying to help her.
"(y/n)!" A voice shouted, I glanced up seeing Mia running toward us. "What happened?"
"She was talking about Underfell then started crying." I replied, Mia nodded, she got on her knees whispering something to (y/n), a soft pastel blue wrapped around Mia's hands as she set them on (y/n)'s back, her crying softened until it stopped.
"Wha!?" Chara was in utter confusion, looking down I saw (y/n) was fast asleep, I tried to move her put she was latched onto my jacket, I let out a soft sigh as I got up, positioning my arms under her legs so I could hold her properly.
"We should get going." Mia whispered. "Thanks again G, well we must be going, see you."
Mia grabbed an orb off her bracelet and threw it down making a rift for us to fall through, I landed on my feet this time, thankfully, Chara landed on his bum, Mia landed beside him and helped him up.
"So, what's wrong with (y/n)? Bad memories or something?" I asked.
"Let's go inside and I'll tell you, I'm not going to tell you what triggers her to 'break down' but I will tell you what I can tell you." Mia said, opening the door for us to walk through, Chara went off to fix him some food, while I carefully set myself on the couch, so not to wake up (y/n), I leaned back a small about, making it more comfortable for the both of us.
"Alright, now what will you tell me?" I glanced at Mia who was sitting beside me.
"(y/n) has Mnemophobia, the fear of remembering the past. So anything that triggers her to remember the past she dose like she did earlier, she can't help it though, she's bad very rough past, she hasn't even told me everything, only bits and pieces." Mia said, there was sorrow in her eyes, she probably hated seeing her friend like this.
"Okay, what can I do not to trigger that?"
"Don't mention her family or ask why she wears long sleeves."
"Wait she's a-?"
"No, they harmed her, leaving her with scars."
"Don't worry, I'll protect you." I whispered to (y/n) making sure she was the only one that could hear me.
"It's late you should try and get some sleep." Mia gave me a small look of worry, she walked over to Chara she said something to him, he nodded and followed her up the stairs.
I sighed, "Sleep well (y/n)." I shifted getting into a more comfortable poison, before I fell asleep, my head resting atop hers.

A/N : I know slightly sad chapter but know that I think off I have like ALL my characters sad backstories, huh...