The Night Court

Feyre and Rhysand rose from their beds. They walked down stairs to the kitchen, where they found Azriel, Mor, Cassian, Nesta, Elain and Lucien. Cassian and Nesta were holding hands. They'd been doing that ever since the mating bond snapped into place. Elain was leaning into Lucien, and Azriel and Mor were standing together. Everyone had breakfast, and were about to go to their usual duties, when a Fae male with hair as silver as metal and dark patterns of ink on his skin pushed open the doors. " Do you know where my Fireheart is?" he yelled. Everyone stared at him in shock.

 Rhys stood up and said, " First of all, who are you? I am Rhysand, High Lord of the Night Court.". 

The stranger replied " I am Rowan Whitethorn. King Consort of Terrasen, mate and husband to Aelin Ashryver Galathynius." 

"Let me guess, your mate is missing," said Rhys.

 " Yes, and I need your help finding her. She was kidnapped by Maeve, fae Queen of Wendlyn. She is very powerful, and will be used as a weapon." said Rowan. 

"What do you mean by powerful? Everyone in this room is powerful. I'm high lord, Feyre's high lady, Azriels a shadowsinger, Cassian is head of the Illyrian army, Mor is the Morrigan, Nesta is death, Lucien is heir to the Autumn court/ day court and Elain helped kill the King of Hybern and is a seer. Who are you to say who is powerful?" said Rhys.

" I can make a man choke on air. I can suck the oxygen out of people's lungs. I can turn hot water to ice. I can become  a hawk. Can any of you do that?" Rowan countered.

Rhys said, " No, but you said your mate was powerful, what can she do. Also, prove you can turn into a hawk."

Rowan shifted into a hawk and back, and said, " There, shifted. My mate controls fire. She can burn a man alive. She can set the world on fire. She can save cities alone. She can destroy everything."

Rhys said that the Night Court would help find her. He then took Rowan to the House of Wind, when he went outside and searched for any trace of his mate. 

__________________________________________________________

* I hope you are enjoying this. Please comment.*