Chapter Four

"No one sent me!" Feng Ming had difficulties regulating his breath under the clutches of the King's hands, his own hands sought immediately to guard his throat.

"Still so hard headed?" Rong Wang's hold tightened, his hands stiffening as he showed how serious he was, nearly causing Feng Ming to fall under a fainting spell.

"Speak! Where has the Prince gone? How did you manage to sneak into the palace? Are your associates within the palace?" his demands bombarded the 'fake'.

Feng Ming had just awoken, his body was impaired by physical fatigue, under such a forceful hold, let alone an appeal for justice, keeping his breathe was a difficult task, he could only manage a snort of defiance.

Rong Wang was alert as he looked at Feng Ming, deciding he would not resort to killing the imposter, instead he sneered and relinquished his hold.

Monitoring Feng Ming, who gasped like a fish out of water, his chest and airways panted desperately.

With only a few mouthful of air to relieve his discomfort, his collar was firmly snatched ruthlessly in the man's hands.

"Be obedient and confess, and you will suffer less."

Feng Ming stood his ground and angrily lashed out.

"What do you want me to confess?" he defended.

Such a disloyal subject, treating a Prince in this manner! My luck must be rotten to get stuck as a mere scapegoat.

"Say it, where is the Prince's location? Did your men capture him?"

"I am Prince!" Feng Ming insisted raising his voice.

If it was possible, he wanted to dish another throw at Rong Wang's despicable face.

Rong Wang fell silent as his expression darkened, he sized up his opponent for a short while, before finally releasing his grip on the collar.

"You say you're the Prince, what is your evidence?" he interrogated.

Feng Ming snapped and glared:

"You accuse me of not being the Prince, what evidence do you have?" he countered.

"The Prince would never dare to speak like you towards me." Rong Wang paused for a moment, before asking.

"The Queen's birthday was last month, what did you send her as a gift?"

Feng Ming drew a blank.

How the hell was he to know what happened last month in these shoes?

His large eyes darted around as he struggled to weave an answer.

"I, as a Prince is thoroughly occupied each day, how am I meant to keep track of exactly what happened last month?"

Rong Wang looked at Feng Ming strangely, making him fear what was to come.

"During the day before yesterday, the Prince and General Lin had a discussion, what was the topic?" he attacked again.

"Since it was a General, if the topic was not concerning the military then it would have been matters of the country, we had discussed some trivial matters as well."

"Ha ...Ha Ha ...." Rong Wang's head snapped back chortling.

Feng Ming found the response rather discouraging.

Rong Wang stopped smiling, as he re-focused on Feng Ming.

"The Prince never met with General Lin, considering this was just the day before yesterday surely you couldn't forget what happened?"