Unimaginable Colors

Prompt used: Write about the color of the sky on the day that she died. 

You could see everything. I put my hand on the glass as I look outside. We were just getting out of the clouds when the sun had started to set. The colors in the sky were so much better than when they are on the ground. The hue of the sun was reflecting off the clouds below, making it seem as it the clouds were colored water. With rolling clouds and bright pinks, purples, and various colors of oranges it was stunning.  Looking down past the clouds around us there was a patch of open sky. You could see all the cars and fields for miles.  Everything was so small below us, almost antlike.

Taking my eyes away from the view outside to look at the people around me. Most were talking amongst the people around them not really having a care in the world. I mean who would? We had made it through our last year of grade 12 and now we were going on our grad trip to Disney Land. The buzz of all the excitement was hard not to smile at. I put my ear buds in and closed my eyes imagining what the hot sun would feel like as we walk through the amusement park.  Once drifting into a peaceful sleep little did I know that I would never wake up again.